Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The end of Memes?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
z33wa2u8hysq.jpg

http://news.sky.com/story/memes-will-be-banned-under-new-eu-copyright-law-warn-campaigners-11398577

Stupid has just gone full stupid, never go full stupid  😄
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

14 REPLIES 14

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Wow!

p990083r0lzg.png

WAAAGH!

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Techy111
MVP
MVP
xwcuc2i0tpim.jpg
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I know I am in a vast minority but.
.. bring on the ban hammer 🙂
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This would only ban Meme's in their current form, where people take material that is under Copyright and throw funny words on top of it. We are living in the age of "lazy man meme's."

If a law like this goes through then all of the web's Photoshop experts will simply start "creating" meme's for everyone to use.

So instead of this...

We will get this...

This is all similar to when the "world wide web" first became a thing, and people were buying domain names of businesses. Like... I could have bought "BestBuy.com" and then charged the company a hundred thousand dollars for it. But then a law was passed that made such a thing illegal since Domain Names are also treated as intellectual property.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
The EU has no fair use clause in copyright? Even the USA has that and our copyright laws went full retard 50+ years ago.

LZoltowski
Champion
Nothing will change, it's just a lot of bruhaha ... keep calm people, the sky is NOT falling, although sky news likes to spin it that way when it comes to the EU. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Nothing will change, it's just a lot of bruhaha ... keep calm people, the sky is NOT falling, although sky news likes to spin it that way when it comes to the EU. 

8sngyuuk0rp5.gif
WAAAGH!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't see copyright owners taking any sort of action over Memes. It's free advertising for their IP.