cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus go- internet connection dropping

ElectronSpray
Protege
My oculus go keeps dropping internet connection. Games and videos will try to reconnect after 30 sec to 1 min. I just changed my router setting: disable UPnP and turn on traffic meter, don't know if that cause anything. Does anyone have internet connection problem with oculus go?
9 REPLIES 9

dauran
Honored Guest
I have the same issue. When i watch netflix, it will run for 15min to 20min or so and ill lose connection and i can wait for it to come back or to speed it up, if i turn off wifi and back on and start netflix it will run again but it will do it again the same. Its not only netflix.... im about to return the Oculus Go because no support from Oculus on how to fix this and seems like only a few people has this issue.

Plan-B
Protege
I reported the same issue to Oculus support for my Netgear Orbi system. They're looking into it. I have an Apple Time Capsule which I use exclusively for backup purposes. When I enabled it as a WiFi access point, my Go was able to maintain a solid connection. With my Orbi, it would typically stay connected for 10-30 seconds before dropping and then reconnecting. If I was lucky, I might make it a minute before it disconnects. At least for me, it seems to be related to it being a mesh-type system (though the Orbi isn't technically mesh interoperable).

amspeed13
Honored Guest
Has anyone found a solution for this? My Go is doing the same thing. I can sometimes get about 10 min in before losing connection. Flip wifi off/on on headset, wait a few seconds and it works for a short period. 

ElectronSpray
Protege
I just did not use it for about 2 weeks. Now, it's just working  o:)

Ruggo
Explorer
Having The same problem.  Although Wi-Fi indicates Excellent, it keeps dropping in and out and a continually get message can't access the internet.  How about some help?

dauran
Honored Guest
I can see they have not helped yet, what a shit company...

RoyalPeasant_101
Explorer
Oculus Admin... any answer to this yet?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure I understand this issue, but it could be something with your router settings or with your ISP. Feel free to submit a support ticket and we can look into this further, but I don't believe it's a widespread issue. https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Thiccness
Honored Guest
I am having this issue on the oculus quest, any updates?