cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Rift Headphones" Audio Device Missing

lord_omega
Explorer
My Oculus Home sound is coming out of my speakers instead of the Rift headset. The Home 'VR Audio Output' is set to "Rift headphones".
The Rift Headphones device is missing from Playback devices in Windows.

I tried re-running the Rift device setup. Now it won't get past the sensor setup part - it just keeps saying "Check Your Setup". I am already 2-5 feet from the sensor with it tilted up toward my face.

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

lord_omega
Explorer
Ok I got the sensor setup again (on my 12th try, I had to sit right infront instead of standing this time). Audio is still coming out of the wrong speakers though...

lord_omega
Explorer
Under Windows 10 Device Manager>Audio inputs and outputs; "Microphone (Rift Audio)" is showing, but not headphones. Scanning for hardware changes doesn't help.

lord_omega
Explorer
I fixed it by running C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe

nikoshak
Honored Guest
Thanks lord_omega. I've had the same persistent problem, especially after every mandatory driver update Oculus has put out. Your suggestion seems to be fixing my situation consistently.

Pyronious
Honored Guest
Also make sure you right-click on the list of playback devices and confirm that "Show Disabled Devices" is ticked:

xv4wfibthhsu.jpg

lepter
Protege

I fixed it by running C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe

I would if the execution file was present in the folder but it isn't there. Disabling the headphone shouldn't remove it from the system. Having to do a full reinstall to see if that will re find the hardware. 

lepter
Protege

lepter said:

I would if the execution file was present in the folder but it isn't there. Disabling the headphone shouldn't remove it from the system. Having to do a full reinstall to see if that will re find the hardware. 

Well.....that didn't work so I bit the bullet and did a install of windows 10 thar I was putting off till the summer. All issues sorted. Don't know if it was a quirk of windows 7. 

starpilot149
Explorer

Thanks man. I've had this problem for a few weeks and that worked for me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a cool ICON for the Rift.