cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone tell me if this motherboard CPU combo will work?

Elfin-Caradoc
Explorer
Hi, Just got a used Rift and found my system not up to speed.  Not as bitter as some people posting in here, so willing to make some upgrades but don't want to spend too much.  Found a motherboard CPU combo that is reasonably priced but don't want to get anything unless I'm sure it will work. 
 AMD 7th Gen A8 9500 APU Processor and MSI A320 Pro-VH Plus Motherboard.

Can anyone confirm or deny the functionality of this?
31 REPLIES 31

cybereality
Grand Champion
The chip may not be on the list it's looking for, but should work fine. Can you run the Compatibility Tool here: https://support.oculus.com/1357437467617798/ and then Save Results at the end and upload that file here?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Elfin-Caradoc
Explorer
It is running but it has that error message at the top of everything in the home screen.  Yes I actually ran the tool prior to posting.  here are the results.

X Processor
Your AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics processor doesn't meet our recommended specification, which is an Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater. Learn more.
+ Graphics Card
You have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
+ Memory
You have 15 GB of RAM, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
+ Operating System
You're running Windows 10 64-bit, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.
+ USB
You have USB 3.0 ports, which meets or exceeds our recommended system specification.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I actually need you to upload the html file of the results. When you click "Save Results" it should make a file like on your desktop. You need to upload the file (not cut and paste the text). Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Elfin-Caradoc
Explorer
I am not able to cut/copy and past at all.  It will not allow me to upload it.  says the .html file is not a valid format.

Elfin-Caradoc
Explorer
@ Cyberreality.  I am happy to comply with your request, I just can not log in using the chrome browser and Firefox does not allow me to even see the saved HTML file to upload it.  It says it is not a valid format.  Also after updating all drivers Oculus says my USB driver needs to be updated.  It is already and I am running the latest version.  Please help.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You may have to place it in a zip file, or host it on Google Drive, etc. and post a link.

Elfin-Caradoc
Explorer
@ Cybereality.  Thanks.  OK here is the file and please advise about the sensors saying an update is needed for USB drivers.  But all drivers are up to date.

Elfin-Caradoc
Explorer
Yep, forgot to add the link.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks. That was what I needed. Let me share this with the team.