Adventurer
if the batterie runs out can we use other ones with the controller 
kevin warhaft
6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Of course, any good quality AA battery, like alkaline, will do.  I’m using eneloop AA rechargeable in mine.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

LZoltowski
Champion
Yes, you can, I recommend using the AA Eneloop PRO batteries, they last for ages on a single charge and supply a whopping 2500mAh

Image result for eneloop pro

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
I use only Duracell batteries.  They last for MONTHS.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

Digikid1 said:

My rechargeable Duracells are also 2500 mah and you can buy them locally.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I use turnigy low self discharge batteries, just because I can order them for $1 when making a hobbyking order.  Eneloops are in the region of $10 each locally.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Batteries have 3000 mAh capacity and a 20 year shelf life. They also operate across a wider temperature range than other battery chemistry's and are lighter to boot. 

16 REPLIES 16

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Of course, any good quality AA battery, like alkaline, will do.  I’m using eneloop AA rechargeable in mine.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

LZoltowski
Champion
Yes, you can, I recommend using the AA Eneloop PRO batteries, they last for ages on a single charge and supply a whopping 2500mAh

Image result for eneloop pro

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
You actually have to throw the controller out and buy a new one if the batteries die. Lol. 😃

Digikid1
Consultant

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

Digikid1 said:

My rechargeable Duracells are also 2500 mah and you can buy them locally.

TopTex
Explorer
A Duracell will give you around 2850mah so will last a bit longer than the rechargeables is you don't care about cost and waste but just longevity.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I use turnigy low self discharge batteries, just because I can order them for $1 when making a hobbyking order.  Eneloops are in the region of $10 each locally.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA Batteries have 3000 mAh capacity and a 20 year shelf life. They also operate across a wider temperature range than other battery chemistry's and are lighter to boot. 

camtynes_PNNL
Explorer

You actually have to throw the controller out and buy a new one if the batteries die. Lol. 😃

Thank goodness Apple didn't make this headset; that's exactly what they'd make you do lolll