cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a MagSafe USB connector to the Oculus GO

LZoltowski
Champion
Why did I not think of that! I saw these cables being reviewed a while back, its a pretty neat solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFHu3HMTBck
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
18 REPLIES 18

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
I actually had one on my wishlist for over a week wondering if I should actually buy it for the Go. This same video convinced me to have it shipped. I have grabbed the go forgetting it was charging too many times. Not sure why I waited. Got a combo with a USB c for my mirage solo as well. 😃

Osoroshii
Explorer
6tba3cjzj0u9.jpeg
It’s currently sitting in my cart at Amazon! Thanks for sharing.

desiv
Expert Protege
I love the concept, but I can see that adding up...  I currently charge my Go in one of 3 places that have charging cords just waiting.  Downstairs, Upstairs, and at Work.  So I would want 3 cords.
But I also charge my phone with those cords, so I need another adapter for my phone.
And of course my wife's phone too, so another adapter there.
Oh wait, we both also plug in while in our cars, so 2 more cables.
And of course, the battery bank would need a short cable or adapter for the short cable...
But, if I do all that, then it will be really nice.. 😉

Until we start going USB-C..  New adapters!!!  😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

desiv said:

I love the concept, but I can see that adding up...  I currently charge my Go in one of 3 places that have charging cords just waiting.  Downstairs, Upstairs, and at Work.  So I would want 3 cords.
But I also charge my phone with those cords, so I need another adapter for my phone.
And of course my wife's phone too, so another adapter there.
Oh wait, we both also plug in while in our cars, so 2 more cables.
And of course, the battery bank would need a short cable or adapter for the short cable...
But, if I do all that, then it will be really nice.. 😉

Until we start going USB-C..  New adapters!!!  😉

Did you notice that you can also buy just the device side component and that those come with cable side adapters as well?

desiv
Expert Protege
Yep, that is why I mentioned either the cable or adapter later.  I haven't compared prices on the options yet.
Either way, there's more to order.. 😉
Still considering it tho.
Will probably start with just the 1 set to see how it works.

RickyJack
Honored Guest
Just ordered a 3 pack. Price break from buying 3 separately

Osoroshii
Explorer

I wonder if the L-Bend model would be a better option for cord management while using the headset when it's charging. 

LZoltowski
Champion

Osoroshii said:

I wonder if the L-Bend model would be a better option for cord management while using the headset when it's charging. 

OOOOH, I didnt know they did an L bend! Nice find.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

desiv
Expert Protege
You guys aren't helping me NOT buy this stuff..  😉 😉