cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Driver Update Recommended - I have latest?

deansouth8
Explorer
So, I'm seeing RED triangle that usually indicates issue. It seems to be just a warning though below there is a yellow triangle message on the two USB devices that are connected to my Fresco USB.  "Your headset is plugged in correctly. If you encounter tracking issues, updating your driver (Fresco Logic) may improve performance."

Is there an updated driver I don't know about somewhere?  I'm pretty spiffy with these darn computers thingies and I'm pretty sure I have the most supported drivers that are available to me are installed on here.  I'm running 3.8.33709.0 in device manager and it's what plants crave.

The thing is I looked at the driver version in device manager and the driver version on the Fresco Logic website and they are identical. I did a repair with the downloaded copy. Rebooted. Unplugged all USB devices. Removed all hidden drivers  and hardware listed in device manager. Rebooted. Reinstalled Oculus drivers from program files support folder. Tossed my keyboard really hard on the ground whywl my b2dtteries f3ll out. Not because of this but because of the incessant flashing and temporary and sometimes permanent loss of HDCP my TV does when connected to my computer when on a mostly white webpage or image. It's just the TV, doesn't do it on the secondary monitor. It also seems to coincide with what I type and where I type it. I just played with typing a, p and, b in one spot and consistently got it to do it over and over but not with other characters. GOD! Weird. BOINK HDCP! Yes Oculus anything makes it very hard to deal with because of the mostly eye piercing all white themes.  I don't think I have ever seen it happen with Oculus app completely closed but, can't confirm fully that observation.  Alright enough sharing.

20 REPLIES 20

Netheri
Rising Star

Pic0o said:

I too have the 'USB driver update recommended" for my sensor plugged into a Fresco FL1100EX controller.  I have the OEM driver from here installed currently https://support.frescologic.com/portal/kb/articles/latest-drivers
But I will try the Windows 10 ones out.  Also of note with the Fresco Logic drivers, it also shows that sensor as USB 2.0 in the Oculus software under devices.

Giving that a try and I'll update if any issues.  Thanks for the info!
Edit: I uninstalled the Fresco drivers version 3.8.33709.0, rebooted and got the Fresco Logic USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) Drivers in Device Manager.
Just for reference, the Microsoft Driver version in device properties is 10.0.16299.15.
Error in Rift went away under devices.  Thanks again.

TL;DR fix: Remove the Fresco drivers and let Windows update put the Microsoft ones in place.

Yeah, this works nicely! Thank you PiC0o! It is shame that the same ppl (Oculus) who says that only FL1100 is supported doesn't say anything about it's manufacturers drivers to be incompatible..
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not have fresco drivers but have seen my sensor showing as usb 2.0
Did anyone read the manual?  2 sensors are for USB 3 and 1 USB3 for the headVRgear and the third sensor must be placed in a USB 2.0 slot.    I am sure this is all about power requirements.    

I did not follow directions and my PC kept rebooting  because all 3 sensors were in USB 3.0     

So just a heads up.

SpaceHexagon
Honored Guest
Hey everyone, I've had to re-install windows twice after updating my ASMedia usb drivers, as recommended by Oculus Home. Updating it breaks windows and prevents booting, startup-repair and requires a full re-install. Have any of you experienced this?

SpaceHexagon
Honored Guest

Hey everyone, I've had to re-install windows twice after updating my ASMedia usb drivers, as recommended by Oculus Home. Updating it breaks windows and prevents booting, startup-repair and requires a full re-install. Have any of you experienced this?

It's an Asus Motherboard; Z170

SpaceHexagon
Honored Guest

I do not have fresco drivers but have seen my sensor showing as usb 2.0
Did anyone read the manual?  2 sensors are for USB 3 and 1 USB3 for the headVRgear and the third sensor must be placed in a USB 2.0 slot.    I am sure this is all about power requirements.    

I did not follow directions and my PC kept rebooting  because all 3 sensors were in USB 3.0     

So just a heads up.

did you get past the POST screen, to windows at all, during that?

Merked
Honored Guest
You guys are awesome!  I had same issue, got an Asus P8H61 motherboard and just recently bought the Inateck 4 - 3.0 usb hub express card.  Installed driver from website and all seemed perfect at first but after the first reboot I started getting the "USB update recommended" error for any sensor plugged into the card.  I tried to update the driver a couple different ways but all said i had the latest driver, found this and tried it...uninstalled driver from website, rebooted and let Win10 install the driver and it fixed all issues I had. ..thanks again!

HeadRusch1
Protege
Probably the one instance in the history of windows where the windows default driver was the proper path to getting hardware working.

tontonfraguer
Honored Guest
Thanks for the tip ! That's help me too B)

You guys are awesome!  I had same issue, got an Asus P8H61 motherboard and just recently bought the Inateck 4 - 3.0 usb hub express card.  Installed driver from website and all seemed perfect at first but after the first reboot I started getting the "USB update recommended" error for any sensor plugged into the card.  I tried to update the driver a couple different ways but all said i had the latest driver, found this and tried it...uninstalled driver from website, rebooted and let Win10 install the driver and it fixed all issues I had. ..thanks again!

TheAquilaSamura
Explorer
Removing and rebooting doesn't seem to be working for me 😕 i uninstall it and after restart I just get the same drivers back again 😞

CyberMax007
Explorer
I can confirm that this workaround worked for me. I had this problem forever... Thanks!