cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

128GB and 256 GB internal storage options Oculus Go.

Dilip
Rising Star
Should oculus release GO 128 and 256 GB internal storage versions soon as there is no external card option?
13 REPLIES 13

gotgalf
Expert Protege
It would probably be cheaper and much more practical to just add a micro SD slot.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It has also been mentioned by John Carmack that the USB port will eventually be enabled to access storage devices.

Dilip
Rising Star
Different matter, Since oculus software have tendency to install only on internal memory, over a period of time user is bound to get internal full no mater OTG support or not. Considering such scenario its highly appreciable if  oculus release 128 and 256 GB internal storage devices too.

TopTex
Explorer
I think it would b worth them doing that, I would pay more to have a 256Gb model if it were available. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
If / when they allow micro USB storage you should be able to have whatever size memory you like (depending on what is allowed) and most likely at less cost than built in.

Dilip
Rising Star

geebee666 said:

If / when they allow micro USB storage you should be able to have whatever size memory you like (depending on what is allowed) and most likely at less cost than built in.

Is miss conception .. USB OTG and internal memory are diffrent. you can not install or play game on OTG stick. It will just be work as Movie storage and may be app storge for install to internal drive at later date.

Since size of apps are getting high for AAA quality, consider this OC indeed need to offer 128 and 256 GB flavors.

desiv
Expert Protege

Dilip said:

Is miss conception .. USB OTG and internal memory are diffrent. you can not install or play game on OTG stick. It will just be work as Movie storage and may be app storge for install to internal drive at later date.

Since size of apps are getting high for AAA quality, consider this OC indeed need to offer 128 and 256 GB flavors.

I agree, but that remains to be seen.  Theoretically, there is no technical reason why USB storage couldn't be used to hold apps.
There are reasons why it isn't a good idea to do it tho.  😉

With my 32G go, I fully expect to eventually have a USB stick for holding movies and such, and I also fully expect to be choosing which apps I wan't installed, as I can only have maybe 40 apps installed at a time.
That said, that's still a fair amount of apps, so I'm good with that choice.
Where it might eventually become annoying is if they start coming out with some really great apps that are 4G each or more.
Right now, most of the apps I have installed are 300M-700M or so.
Republique VR (which I LOVE) is 4G tho.  I could only have maybe 6 or so games like that installed on my 32G Go.
Luckily, I think I will probably only ever have 1 or 2 really large games installed at a time, and then several smaller games/apps.

kevink808
Superstar

desiv said:
Right now, most of the apps I have installed are 300M-700M or so.

Same. So far I haven't had any constraints with storage capacity for apps.

I would like the ability to put a microSD stick into the visor for viewing 360 videos, however, without having to connect to my PC to move files.

Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

przecinek
Rising Star
I agree 128 and 256gb would be welcomed. Apps will probably get only bigger with time and not everyone can be bothered with MicroSD cards. Internal memory is always a more convenient option of the two.