cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Connect 5?

Congratulations
Adventurer
I can’t wait till Oculus Connect 5, what do you think they will announce in September?  🙂 
13 REPLIES 13

Rift 3.  It's so advanced they skipped v2.

Or maybe just Santa Cruz   😞

Which, actually, i will be very excited about and i definitely want one.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
They better give some good information on what will be in next gen Rift and hopefully when.

Congratulations
Adventurer
I would like to see rift 2 Maybe accessories? Do you think if we get to see Rift 2 do you think they will drop the price of rift CV1?

Ilovethis said:

I would like to see rift 2 Maybe accessories? Do you think if we get to see Rift 2 do you think they will drop the price of rift CV1?

Probably but remember Rift 2 will be more expensive - maybe around the same as the original Rift.  Might keep the same sensors though.

Maybe they'll bring out a wireless add-on for CV1?  That would be very nice.

Congratulations
Adventurer

Ilovethis said:

Probably but remember Rift 2 will be more expensive - maybe around the same as the original Rift.  Might keep the same sensors though.

Yes wireless would be good, hopefully if they do Rift 2 with the same sensors they might sell the HMD separate instead buying the full set up again?

Ilovethis said:

Ilovethis said:

Yes wireless would be good, hopefully if they do Rift 2 with the same sensors they might sell the HMD separate instead buying the full set up again?

Yep, i'd certainly hope so.  Might be the same for Touch controllers too.  Even if they bring out slightly modified ones, will you be able to use the original Touch?  Could be good to keep the price down.

Chump_Change
Explorer
I think there will be an announcement that CV2 is in development but I do not think that will be a release in the next year.

More likely timeline:

1) OC5: Announcement of CV2 starting development.
2) Some convention (Or even F8 2019) Further development updates.
3) OC6: CV2 revealed like Oculus Go was in 2017
4) F8 2019: CV2 released.

Congratulations
Adventurer

I think there will be an announcement that CV2 is in development but I do not think that will be a release in the next year.

More likely timeline:

1) OC5: Announcement of CV2 starting development.
2) Some convention (Or even F8 2019) Further development updates.
3) OC6: CV2 revealed like Oculus Go was in 2017
4) F8 2019: CV2 released.

If they do announce this I can start saving for the next generation.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Interesting time line @Chump_Change - but I wonder for the CV2 if FB would want OVR to go down the same "questionable" development path in favour of a brand new approach to the business model?

Remember CV1 has not achieved the sales penetration that they originally set for themselves, let alone the market - so going for a brand new approach with a different focus may be the best plan of action. I do agree at late 2019 release could be a perfect window for the CV2 however - but I wonder if OVR would consider doing a "bundled" system approach - kinda like making their own Mac for VR?

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959