cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Age Group Are You?

Interested after hearing a few people over the past 4 years say things like "hurry up and release before it's too late".
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3
49 REPLIES 49

inovator
Consultant
I'm 65 and own the rift, Playstation vr and the go. I hope I'm here when ready player one happens.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I hope I'm around for a lest 10+  They will make leps and bounds like they did with TV, radio and 45's

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
50 here and I would like to raise a glass to all the old die hards...game on guys!
(My first 'real' computer was a Dragon32 btw...it was where I learned to program BASIC as a kid lol)
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
Wow, we are an aged bunch! 
I'm 47 this week! had my rift since last september and loving it.

I too feel like I did at the beginning when I got my spectrum 48K! and started my love of computer gaming!

I went through the stages of Spectrum 48k, BBC Micro, Amiga 500, Amiga 1200, PC 286, PC 386, PC 486, Pentium, Core I7, Xbox, Playstation, Wii, 3Box 360, XBox One! 

When I look back, I've spent a small fortune!!
Now I only really use the Rift at any and every opportunity.  Did 4 hours in "In Death" last night!!

Our Lass says she is a "Rift Widow", as I tend to crawl into bed just as she is getting up!!
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

I wonder if cost has something to do with it?

Also, awareness that VR is a thing, i know there might be the odd advert out there now but to really read about it you have to read in depth articles, or watch 30+ minute videos from Tested to know that it isn't perfect and you have to do a little work to get it up and running successfully.  18 year olds don't do that.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I was just about to say we are the only ones who can afford it 😉

(needless to say.... edited for spellling)

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Turned 46 last week. I’m not sure if my 8-month-old daughter makes me feel younger or older.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'm 53 in 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure my 4 year old and 1 year old make me feel as old as fuck  😄
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

lensmandave
Superstar

50 here and I would like to raise a glass to all the old die hards...game on guys!
(My first 'real' computer was a Dragon32 btw...it was where I learned to program BASIC as a kid lol)

Cheers!  I'm 73 years youngish. Yeah, Dragon32 was my first too.  I remember being well cheesed off 'cos my mate had the 64K version. I upgraded to AtariXL and taught myself machine code programming, then switched to an Atari ST with a hard drive! If you wanted a decent game you had to code it yourself back in the day.   😄
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
5 hours of coding to get a syntax error, them were the days lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.