cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't 'recently played' games re-run in Oculus Home?

igmackenzie
Explorer
I play mostly DCS, Elite Dangerous and Dirt Rally in VR, and they all have to be launched from outside Oculus Home as they are either Steam or standalone. Why is that?  Even selecting from within Home in the 'recent' list doesn't work.
Is there something that can resolve this, or is it just the way things are?
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
With DCS there is a problem with how Oculus identifies the executable to run from within Home ( confirmed by DCS). I have asked on these forums about this before and suggested they take a look at it as I wish it would work inside Home, but no response.

Elite Dangerous I have no problem launching from within Home, but I bought and installed from within Oculus Home.

igmackenzie
Explorer
Thanks for that. It's not just DCS, I have a problem launching any game from within home that was run from outside Home originally - if you see what I mean!

kzintzi
Trustee
I run things from outside the Oculus environment from within Dash often and don't have issues, so it sounds like you have a problem with your install/machine.. you could try a reinstall of the oculus software as that fixes a lot of issues, if not, check your event logs to see what it's saying about it - I haven't checked but you might be able to increase the logging to Verbose level to help troubleshoot (be warned, if this can be done it'll generate a lot of cruft)
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

igmackenzie
Explorer
Are you saying you are able to run games like DCS, Dirt Rally and Elite D by using the icons in the ‘recently played’ section?

xSS4x
Explorer
Try using the oculustray tool to edit the json file.
I also use it to launch some games with specific commands as well.

kzintzi
Trustee

Are you saying you are able to run games like DCS, Dirt Rally and Elite D by using the icons in the ‘recently played’ section?

I run Skyrim4VR, and Subnautica from it no hassles at all.don't have DCS, or Dirt Rally and ED I moved to Home ages ago as the SteamVR implementation was buggy for me back when I started playing it.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

igmackenzie
Explorer

xSS4x said:

Try using the oculustray tool to edit the json file.
I also use it to launch some games with specific commands as well.

Edit it in what way?