cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message: Can't validate Oculus account. Check your internetconnection or restart Oculus Software.

Epoxian
Explorer
For a few weeks now I have a strange mesage box in VR, that prevents me from entering my oculus-home-apartment and the oculus store. Everything else works.
It is a red messagebox with diagonal stripes and a blue "Accept"-Button (it has a totaly different design than any other UI I have seen so far in Oculus. Moreover it introduces depth-problems on other UI elements). The german text of the message is: "Dein Oculus-Konto konnte nicht bestätigt werden. Bitte überprüfe deine Internetverbindung oder starte die Oculus Software neu. [Bestätigen]"
I tried restarting, sign in and out from Oculus Core 2.0 and Public Beta Channel. I also fixed the installation of the Oculus Software/reinstalling.
10 REPLIES 10

Epoxian
Explorer
Bump. This (very annoying) problem still persists. Did anyone ever experience it?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you please contact us so we can look into it? Thanks. https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Epoxian
Explorer
I opened a ticket (Request #553367). By the way, this is the strange messagebox:s4dszczj752v.png
I hope to fix this soon to enter Home again and see all the updates that came up in the last weeks :smiley: !

Epoxian
Explorer
Just another pic from the message box/error, still no help from support yet. After follow up ticket #557902 I opened #562311.
I edited this picture to remove my name, the other artifacts are also visible in VR. I think the vertical lines are caused by overlayeffects from objects of Home. The objects seem to be loaded somehow. Somewhere behind the shop the messagebox is flying around.
4gewi1w6boxs.jpg

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's so strange. I've never seen anything like that. I see your ticket, but it looks like we gave you some steps to try on June 5th and then there is no response from you after that (until your new ticket). Please be sure to follow all the troubleshooting steps we ask and reply so we can proceed. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Epoxian
Explorer
The look of the error box changed like two times since May. Congrats, it looks much better now :)! ...but ehm, the error still persists.
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the software another time without any luck. I'm going to open a third ticket now with a third set of logs.

DRAVHEN
Honored Guest
I have the same issue since I merged my Oculus Account with my Facebbok Account to use Quest 2, Before that everything works well. Is there a solution yet? Edit. I just saw, this post is from 2018, well I have it now in 2020. It happens directly after I merged FB with Oculus account. How can I get rid of this issue?

Berndca
Explorer
yes, I have the same Issue now. Owned the Rift CV1 before.  Now with the Quest 2 and the oculus link cable I get this error message from above. 

DasZitrone
Honored Guest
Hey there, I also have this Problem and the Support will not help :neutral: