cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@igmackenzie No it does not always override, it depends on the game. OTT tries to set PPDP before the game starts up, but if an app has an in-game PPDP setting, this will probably be applied after OTT has done it's thing, and that might "overwrite" the OTT setting. Some games in-game PPDP setting works fine and might be preferable over OTT, while some games PPDP setting does not work very well, in which case using OTT for this is a better option. If you which to use the in-game setting, make sure the Profile for the game has 0 as PPDP. If you which to use OTT to set PPDP, then make sure the in-game setting is 0 or 1 or default or whatever that game has as en option to not touch PPDP. Depends on the game. OTT can be used to set other things like ASW and CPU priority and such, while not messing with PPDP, so you can do a combination of in-game and OTT settings to get the best epxerience. So it's a bit of trial and erorr and tweaking depending on the game/app. Hope that explains things a bit.

Cheers!

igmackenzie
Explorer
Thanks for that. I'm even more confused!  Take ED for example, you have the Oculus dev tool, nVidia Control Panel, ED Profiler, OTT and in-game settings all fighting with each other.  How is anyone supposed to know which of these methods actually affects how the game looks?
Also, I don't really understand what you said about OTT will only override if the in-game settings are at default. Surely, no matter what the default value is, e.g. 0 or 1, it is still just a number like any other, so why would 1.0 be any different to, say, 1.1 in terms of which gets used by the game?

Netheri
Rising Star
In ED there seems to be in-game SS setting? So i would only put asw->off on OTT profile.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
ED is one of those games where the built-in SS/PPDP setting has been a bit weird at times, so that's actually a good one to test. Set it to 0 or 1 in-game (can't remember how the setting looks), which should mean it's not touched by the game, and use OTT to set it instead. And vice versa to see which one works best. Haven't been play ED for ages so i'm not sure how it works nowadays.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Also, looking for a few ppl interessted in trying out the new version before it goes live, so PM me if you have some spare time and want to try it out and help hunt down bugs.

Cheers!

Digikid1
Consultant

@igmackenzie No it does not always override, it depends on the game. OTT tries to set PPDP before the game starts up, but if an app has an in-game PPDP setting, this will probably be applied after OTT has done it's thing, and that might "overwrite" the OTT setting. Some games in-game PPDP setting works fine and might be preferable over OTT, while some games PPDP setting does not work very well, in which case using OTT for this is a better option. If you which to use the in-game setting, make sure the Profile for the game has 0 as PPDP. If you which to use OTT to set PPDP, then make sure the in-game setting is 0 or 1 or default or whatever that game has as en option to not touch PPDP. Depends on the game. OTT can be used to set other things like ASW and CPU priority and such, while not messing with PPDP, so you can do a combination of in-game and OTT settings to get the best epxerience. So it's a bit of trial and erorr and tweaking depending on the game/app. Hope that explains things a bit.

Cheers!

I believe the game In Death does this. 

Digikid1
Consultant
ro2ftuv6aw9p.jpg
*Ahem*

Internet is connected and running fine so what is up with this?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
This is a very useful tool mate.  Thanks very much for your efforts.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Digikid1 Not at home so i can't check the code, but it might be that you cannot access my dropbox, where i have the updates for some reason. If you could do a few more tries both manually and by restarting OTT and have it check automatically that would be great. If you could also do a test where you enable Debug and send me the ott.log after that would also be helpfull. The updater is getting an update (no pun intended 😃 ) in the next version and should hopefully work better.

@TomCgcmfc  Thanks mate 😃

Cheers!

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
ApollyonVR,

I'm not sure if you remember me from a couple months ago but we were messaging back and forth a lot when I was testing out your program before you were releasing it and I was basically your guinea pig, anyways I have a question for you. Do you know how you can change the game titles of oculus store bought apps? I know you can edit the .json file for third-party apps but you do not get that same .json file when you download from Oculus store. You're basically the king of knowing how the software works so I figured I would ask you.

P.S When I say change name I mean like changing it so it shows different in Oculus Home and in VR like when you edit the .json file "display" name. Not just renaming it just to be seen in your OTT.