New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift 1.27 Release Notes

Comments

• TrueMoo4LyfeTrueMoo4Lyfe Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Whenever I go to the update part of the library in the ocolus computer software it does not give me the option to download it. Any ideas as of why it is doing this?
  • igmackenzieigmackenzie Posts: 42
    NerveGear
    No sign of 1.27 for me in the UK. Been 10 days, is that normal?
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 348
    Trinity
    I noticed that in the Oculus desktop app the sidemenu texts (Home, Store, etc..) has been changed to a much more litte font size than before. Is that update in 1.27? Just asking as in Settings->General the version is still 1.26.
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
  • RCFlyerRCFlyer Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Is anyone experiencing windows opened with Dash going blank after a random period of time?  I use P3DV4.2 and use Dash to have a small window open in the cockpit to view a gps.  Dash seems to disconnect periodically causing the window content to disappear (the window content is replaced with a blue screen).

• habokuhaboku Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Netheri said:
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Don't Beta Test and perhaps try the hack to launch games directly rather inside Home. You click the box in Properties/Compatibility Run This Program As Admin for the file C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-home\OculusVR

Just tested and this works better! IN DEATH I can run SS=1.25 ingame and although it runs Desktop Home it does not run your VR Home so you can not accidentally switch either. This is seriously what I wanted for ARIZONA SUNSHINE for a long time as they same in Thailand 
    Holy moly, that's genius! And we get to use the Home Dash alongside with Steams! You saved the day! This must be copypasted/linked forward, if you, MAC_MAN86, allow it? I can confirm that this trick worked with Core 2.0 (i'm not in public test).

Edit: You can also set the Home2 executable "Home2-Win64-Shipping" in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Home2\Binaries\Win64 to Run this program as admin. Effect is same, desktop app opens, and dash works but home2 won't load, if you don't separately run it by double clicking or putting it to taskbar and clicking while Desktop app is running. Also, you can load the older Home same way, if you need it.
    I will have to try this!! Always wanted a lighter version of HOME, with a simple launcher because -whatever the say- it EATS LOTS of resources. Felt games way more smooth if it's not launched. But I really really love DASH.

Almost uninstalled everything... messed with NVidia drivers... and it seems to be the new 1.27. I love my Oculus and the efforts they are doing to give us the best experience, but sometimes it's frustrating when having just a few mins. to play when planets gets aligned, and spending that time messing with configurations because one day worked smooth like butter, and the next day (without touching a single key) works almost unusable.
  • stimaholicstimaholic Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    This version is causing issues, is there a way to revert my oculus client back to 1.26?
    NerveGear
    Terribly performance, Home stutter when opening apps, or moving head, and as opposite as I thought before, you can't launch it without Home anymore using the Run as Admin trick.

Home is cool, but please, considering the performance impact (FPS in games, stutter, lag, etc...), allow us to launch a simple version with Dash, so we can have the best experience. (I remember the days when I could increase the SS without losing lots of FPS).
  • beyondinfinitybeyondinfinity Posts: 48 Oculus Start Member
    I see Demo Mode has gotten some updates over the last few updates, particularly now with 1.27 where it now uses Core 2.0 if you have opted into it, though it doesn't show games from Unknown Sources...will have to report that. I'm glad the issue where it was inadvertently opting into Core 2.0 after ending the demo if you had opted out previously has been fixed - I had been reporting that issue each update since 1.24 until it was fixed, now.
  • sonicnerd14sonicnerd14 Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    haboku said:
    Terribly performance, Home stutter when opening apps, or moving head, and as opposite as I thought before, you can't launch it without Home anymore using the Run as Admin trick.

Home is cool, but please, considering the performance impact (FPS in games, stutter, lag, etc...), allow us to launch a simple version with Dash, so we can have the best experience. (I remember the days when I could increase the SS without losing lots of FPS).
    So I'm guessing that the Core 2.0 beta still causes lots of stutter and tracking issues after this update?
  • Salitas91Salitas91 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The update completely broke my tracking which was running perfect before
    my head keeps tilting and jumping around and the controllers freeze in place constantly

using steamvr is pretty much completely impossible now because it keeps flashing a grey screen when it looses tracking

is there any way to roll back to the former version?
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    I wonder if it could be useful for people to post their System specs (along with what background software they are running, like GPU tweakers etc and if they are overclocking etc etc) with the posts that mention any breakage.

For example on my rig (see my sig) I have not had an issue, ever, with any version so far. 1.27 seems rock solid for me. Im just wondering if its a hardware issue, software or both.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Trinity
    edited June 2018
    @cybereality is there going to be some compatibility upgrading/error handling developement on Oculus software? Specifically i'm looking for better handling with sensors having "out of sync" error? Meaning that is it REALLY required of user to detach-attach the cables? It have to be possible to debug and sync it again in-program instead of physical detach-attach or rebooting etc.? And if that debugging is totally impossible, could we even have possibility to name the sensors so we don't have to yank all the sensor cables randomly?
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If anyone runs into bugs or issues, please submit a bug report in the Oculus app. Look for the Help Center in the lower left corner and click Provide Feedback. There is an options to attach your logs, and you can write a short description of the problem. This is the best way to report issues. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Trinity
    Ok, i'll copy paste the question to feedback ppl. You're welcome.
  • DarthxRinzlerDarthxRinzler Posts: 21
    NerveGear
    Issues I am having since update, which has rendered my VR useless. Extremely tiny menu font which is barely readable. NO AUDIO at all now in oculus home or in games. When trying the Rift Core 2.0 Beta, I have menu sounds, but no audio in games. Please fix
  • Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 2018
    • Oculus desktop app
      • Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates.

Really, I don't see any difference ! I can't send message to friend ! I only see online or offline !

Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
    Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
    Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
    Répétiteur HDMI x1
    Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
    Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

NerveGear
    edited June 2018
    Rolled back to old times, before CORE 2.0, and it's incredible the performance jump. Back to insanely SS levels without performance hit.

Sadly, can't live without Dash :(
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,073 Valuable Player
    Issues I am having since update, which has rendered my VR useless. Extremely tiny menu font which is barely readable. NO AUDIO at all now in oculus home or in games. When trying the Rift Core 2.0 Beta, I have menu sounds, but no audio in games. Please fix
    That’s the fault of something else. I’ve put 1.27 on over a dozen different systems and never seen that issue. 
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,752 Valuable Player
    I just got 1.27 today.  I’m using the original oculus home ( not core 2).

The only problem I have so far is that a couple of VR native games (realflight 8 and x-plane 11.21) do no longer auto-select rift headphones and will only pump audio through the rift if I click on the taskbar speaker icon and select rift headphones (must be done before starting up either of these btw). After finishing these games I need to go back and reselect speakers/headphones.

The rest of my games (oculus and steam) seem to auto-select audio and work fine.

Bit of a pita but at least I have found a work-around.  Maybe 1.28 will fix this?  Should I dare try joining public beta??

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• igmackenzieigmackenzie Posts: 42
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:

The only problem I have so far is that a couple of VR native games (realflight 8 and x-plane 11.21) do no longer auto-select rift headphones and will only pump audio through the rift if I click on the taskbar speaker icon and select rift headphones (must be done before starting up either of these btw). After finishing these games I need to go back and reselect speakers/headphones.

The rest of my games (oculus and steam) seem to auto-select audio and work fine.

Bit of a pita but at least I have found a work-around.  Maybe 1.28 will fix this?  Should I dare try joining public beta??
    This is a common issue, and very frustrating it is too.  Not to do with 1.27. I had the same thing with 1.26.  The answer is to use Oculus Tray Tool, which has an option to switch audio devices to Rift headphones and back to default when leaving VR. Works a treat!  Don't know why Oculus don't have this as a standard option in their software.
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 1,060
    Wintermute
    I am also one of those folk that have never had any issue with the updates (beta etc.) over the 4 months or so that I have had the Rift.

Issues with W10 1803, which were not solely Oculus software related, meant a roll-back to 1709 and known 'bugs' - which incidentally were still apparent on changing my PC hardware a month(ish) ago, so no difference between Intel or AMD based or with a chipset a couple of years old and a very modern one.

At least, for me, the Oculus software performance has been equally stable on both platforms.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 291
    Nexus 6
    Same here. I've had my Rift since September 2017, and have had no issues with any updates. not sure if it is because it is new-(ish) hardware.  I built the machine myself from all new parts bought from CCL Computers based in Bradford, here in the UK.
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S
    Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    I lost my mic in E:D by using the Run As Admin. A reinstall should fix that but odd that the update did not!
    1.27 had a couple freezes whilst exiting the Station but was smooth after this. I think it must have been my VRAM expanding due to the OS making changes. Perhaps it is better to set this as 1.5 x our RAM as I did so for music software.
    edited June 2018
    TomCgcmfc said:

This is a common issue, and very frustrating it is too.  Not to do with 1.27. I had the same thing with 1.26.  The answer is to use Oculus Tray Tool, which has an option to switch audio devices to Rift headphones and back to default when leaving VR. Works a treat!  Don't know why Oculus don't have this as a standard option in their software.
    Thanks Mate, that worked like a charm.  I only started using the Oculus Tray Tool recently and am still learning what it can do.  Very useful tool.  Thanks again.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• DarthxRinzlerDarthxRinzler Posts: 21
    NerveGear
    Thanks! Oculus Tray Tool works! I guess either the oculus update or windows update screwed it up where it doesn't default to rift headphones when you put the hmd on automatically.

Only issue with tray tool and making rift headphones default is I can no longer mirror the audio to my computer speakers (for people watching) since rift headphones is selected?

I think most of this has been caused by the win10 1803 update.  I was never able to mirror anything after that update.

• kzintzikzintzi Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    TomCgcmfc said:

I've been getting this when using Stem apps as well.. it's intermittent and I just assumed it was the steam app being stupid... I've also been getting significant stutter when opening home, but will log that properly later.
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
    Trinity
    Thanks! Oculus Tray Tool works! I guess either the oculus update or windows update screwed it up where it doesn't default to rift headphones when you put the hmd on automatically.

Only issue with tray tool and making rift headphones default is I can no longer mirror the audio to my computer speakers (for people watching) since rift headphones is selected?
    There should be audio mirroring option in desktop apps devices->hmd? At least i have.
    Netheri said:

There should be audio mirroring option in desktop apps devices->hmd? At least i have.
    If you use the Oculus Tray Tool it seems to over ride this.  At least it does for me.

Trinity
    Well, tbh OTT's last version handled the change correctly for me but the latest doesn't so i guess there isn't one working solution here too. This seems to be endless beta testing..