cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for me to boycott buying games from Oculus store

christopherbarn
Adventurer
Once again, the Rift gets the shaft. No support for Rift on Oculus Venues. First it was the GearVr and now Go who get the live streaming events and Rift gets jack shit.
Fine, to this point I have bought all my games from Oculus Store to support Oculus. Screw you guys. All my games will now be bought via Steam.
68 REPLIES 68

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Also to point out the elephant in the room...

Most - if not all - current first generation PCVR HMD's on the market aren't that great for viewing 360 Video. If Oculus Venues was on the Rift, the visual quality would be sub-par compared to GO.

The Rift is best for full 360 high-end software-based VR experiences. MobileVR is best for 360 Media.

Congratulations
Adventurer
Just to let you know there is not much going on venues?

LZoltowski
Champion
Im sorry to be that guy, but I censored the c word out, especially as people are quoting it, your occasional F word is fine (in line with PG-13 heh) .. but let's not use that world. 

david spade 90s GIF
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
My favorite C-Word is:

Carebear

uzoofztmcrd7.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't help it when I tell it how it is :blush:

I'm into VR to lose touch with reality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Atmos73 said:

Snowdog I think you’ve lost touch with reality. I’m just telling it as it is. Lol

Valve are complete scum and have been for YEARS. Where was Half Life 2 VR, Portal VR and Left 4 Dead VR when both headsets launched more than 2 years ago? Where's Half Life 3? Portal 3? Left 4 Dead 3?

I've been with Steam since it started and back in those days you couldn't get games on there unless they were good quality. Things started to go downhill with the Greenlight bollocks and got progressively worse as time has gone on.

Don't get me wrong, The Lab was fantastic, but it was at the end of the day just a collection of tech demos.

Take a look at the big titles that the Rift launched with - Lucky's Tale, Chronos, The Climb, Edge Of Nowhere etc etc etc. The Vive? The Lab and Job Simulator lol

All of the hoo-hah about the Oculus exclusives had NOTHING to do with principles and EVERYTHING to do with Vive owners having fuck all decent games to play compared to Rift owners.

Atmos73 said:

I'm into VR to lose touch with reality.

You’re into VR to spread your agenda. 

You didn't reply to my previous post regarding backing up your agenda claims. So I'll call you out again. Post any pro-Oculus posts you've made in the last 2 years and I'll refer to 2 posts I've made criticising Oculus.

If you're going to criticize me you need to back it up with facts or you're going to look foolish (more foolish).

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

@snowdog

Hmmm I remember having a great blast in Hover Junkers at launch. Others could only dream about hand presence at that time while playing their game pad games.

Pure garbage, and the same garbage you keep laying around this forum for years. Back to 2016 we go...

The game pad experience was better than anything you were enjoying, and we've had finger track with superior hand controllers for 2 years while you only dream what finger tracking can be like. And dream you do; you dream hard.

I don't think anyone believes that you have ever had a "blast" doing anything in VR. No one who has a blast spends years at a time angrily trolling a rival forum. Only bitter people spend time doing bitter things. Most Rift owners have definitely had a blast for the last 2 years; which is why we spend time extending that "blast" throughout a relevant community. You seem angry that we have been having such a blast for so long. All your attempts to derail that good time have failed.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Once again, the Rift gets the shaft. No support for Rift on Oculus Venues. First it was the GearVr and now Go who get the live streaming events and Rift gets jack shit.
Fine, to this point I have bought all my games from Oculus Store to support Oculus. Screw you guys. All my games will now be bought via Steam.

I don't think the live streaming events are that good unless you want to watch a bunch of blurry figures running about on a blurry pitch. The resolution just isn't there for things like this atm. I wouldn't boycott the store either because games and apps run so much better straight from the Oculus Store..