cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

flibberflops
Expert Protege
My Wish list

Fix the power button (The current long hold is a bit rubbish)
Enter VR  (Give option to turn off message)
Sort out the trackpad scroll (I cannot scroll at all with my leathery thumb... I have to use finger from other hand!)
Give option to increase realestate size of library and store (there is loads of spare screen and scrolling is rubish)
Turn off menu sounds (for the love of god give us the option)
Browser Zoom (I want it closer to my face)
Set orientation (You should be able to do anything lying down)
Battery waring (give option to turn off warnings until critical)

furtin
Protege
Please add a late night “Night Shift“ style modus!

Either make the display dimm even further or better: make the displaycolor warmer and let us choose the intensity and maybe even a predetermined timeframe. Just like on the iPhone. Its great for late night usage!
"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."

thephuture316
Protege
Would think that using this device in bed when laying down rather than using phones would be a legitimate use case. Few of the video apps provide the ability to place the screen above you forcing you to be in a seated position. I would use oculus tv every night if it had such a feature. Netfix app offers this functionality 

beezer420
Explorer
When streaming to Facebook live, the game audio is very very low or non existent. Why is that? After reviewing my stream, I can hear myself talking with the mic on, but no game audio. It seems the GO uses he mic to pick up the game audio from the built in speakers to the mic. Why isn’t the game audio mixed within the GO digitally, and have a slider bar for the external mic. 

Anyways, that would be a good update for the GO. Some way to balance game audio and voice over so people can enjoy the game

CSHS
Honored Guest
I'd like the ability to remove apps from my library. I know I can uninstall, but when I go to "Not Installed" I'd rather not see apps that I have tried, but didn't like and therefore won't use again.

StayPuft83
Protege

CSHS said:

I'd like the ability to remove apps from my library. I know I can uninstall, but when I go to "Not Installed" I'd rather not see apps that I have tried, but didn't like and therefore won't use again.

I would definitely second this. I want to have both options. There are sometimes apps I tried and didn't like, so I don't care to see those again. However, eventually I am sure I will need to uninstall some apps simply because I need space for new apps. I may uninstall apps I actually like and MAY want to reinstall at some point to use again. So, I do want to retain the "not installed" list, but definitely agree I want to be able to remove apps from it completely if I have no interest in using them again.

inovator
Consultant
I agree that's the flaw both with the go in the rift to see all these apps that you don't use I would just love

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe what is needed is a "Hide this app" check box and a mechanism for showing hidden apps because you never know when that hidden app may suddenly be of interest. 🙂

Oliver2222
Protege
Oculus go also need a battery clock to see how long you been using it 

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
We could use some notifications when an update occurs.