cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift 1.27 Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
The latest Rift SI version 1.27 is beginning to rolling out now. We've updated the Oculus desktop app with search improvements and a new results page, and added some new features for Library management. There's also a new uncommon item in Home that supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community... See something you like or have a new feature idea? Share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and as always, please report bugs via the in-app reporting tool. 
  • Oculus desktop app
    • Updates to search, including experimentation of a new results page to browse, sort, and filter results.
    • Improved Library management, including experimentation of new options for sorting and filtering. We've also updated how we persist apps that you have hidden; if you previously hid any apps, your apps may be visible again with this update.
    • Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • Dash:
      • New overlay UI shows the distance and scale of Dash panels as you position them with the thumbstick.
      • Added various stability improvements.
    • Home:
      • There's an uncommon item in Home that now supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
81 REPLIES 81

Salitas91
Honored Guest
The update completely broke my tracking which was running perfect before
my head keeps tilting and jumping around and the controllers freeze in place constantly

using steamvr is pretty much completely impossible now because it keeps flashing a grey screen when it looses tracking

is there any way to roll back to the former version?

LZoltowski
Champion
I wonder if it could be useful for people to post their System specs (along with what background software they are running, like GPU tweakers etc and if they are overclocking etc etc) with the posts that mention any breakage.

For example on my rig (see my sig) I have not had an issue, ever, with any version so far. 1.27 seems rock solid for me. Im just wondering if its a hardware issue, software or both.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Netheri
Rising Star
@cybereality is there going to be some compatibility upgrading/error handling developement on Oculus software? Specifically i'm looking for better handling with sensors having "out of sync" error? Meaning that is it REALLY required of user to detach-attach the cables? It have to be possible to debug and sync it again in-program instead of physical detach-attach or rebooting etc.? And if that debugging is totally impossible, could we even have possibility to name the sensors so we don't have to yank all the sensor cables randomly?
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

cybereality
Grand Champion
If anyone runs into bugs or issues, please submit a bug report in the Oculus app. Look for the Help Center in the lower left corner and click Provide Feedback. There is an options to attach your logs, and you can write a short description of the problem. This is the best way to report issues. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Netheri
Rising Star
Ok, i'll copy paste the question to feedback ppl. You're welcome.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

DarthxRinzler
Explorer
Issues I am having since update, which has rendered my VR useless. Extremely tiny menu font which is barely readable. NO AUDIO at all now in oculus home or in games. When trying the Rift Core 2.0 Beta, I have menu sounds, but no audio in games. Please fix

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
  • Oculus desktop app
    • Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates.

Really, I don't see any difference ! I can't send message to friend ! I only see online or offline !

haboku
Protege
Rolled back to old times, before CORE 2.0, and it's incredible the performance jump. Back to insanely SS levels without performance hit.

Sadly, can't live without Dash 😞

Digikid1
Consultant

Issues I am having since update, which has rendered my VR useless. Extremely tiny menu font which is barely readable. NO AUDIO at all now in oculus home or in games. When trying the Rift Core 2.0 Beta, I have menu sounds, but no audio in games. Please fix

That’s the fault of something else. I’ve put 1.27 on over a dozen different systems and never seen that issue. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I just got 1.27 today.  I’m using the original oculus home ( not core 2).

The only problem I have so far is that a couple of VR native games (realflight 8 and x-plane 11.21) do no longer auto-select rift headphones and will only pump audio through the rift if I click on the taskbar speaker icon and select rift headphones (must be done before starting up either of these btw). After finishing these games I need to go back and reselect speakers/headphones.

The rest of my games (oculus and steam) seem to auto-select audio and work fine.

Bit of a pita but at least I have found a work-around.  Maybe 1.28 will fix this?  Should I dare try joining public beta??
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers