cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for me to boycott buying games from Oculus store

christopherbarn
Adventurer
Once again, the Rift gets the shaft. No support for Rift on Oculus Venues. First it was the GearVr and now Go who get the live streaming events and Rift gets jack shit.
Fine, to this point I have bought all my games from Oculus Store to support Oculus. Screw you guys. All my games will now be bought via Steam.
68 REPLIES 68

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I think we should have a new forum award:

"Gobshite of the week"

I reckon there will be just one or two members who win it every time 😛

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I nominate @Brixmis for the "Pity Party of the Year" award followed by the, "Someone Feel Sorry For Me" Forum Title

😉

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I'm making no judgement on who this should be - i haven't taken too much notice of these shenanigans.  I think they are both being naughty boys and should be forced to shake hands and play nicely.    😄

Nah, I don't think either Atmos nor myself are being that naughty here. At least not any more or less naughty than when you jump in a thread purely to drop a useless Meme, right?

He and I are just debating who won a silly bet; a bet that was called out for being over the moment it started.

Now don't forget that this thread was already set to "sink" by a Moderator. So all these replies are not hitting the top of the forum and bumping the thread. Those of you not involved in the "bet debate" are now intentionally coming in to the discussion like moths to the flame. Even little whiny @Brixmis up there who previously complained that these debates make it to the top of the forum too much can't make any real excuses now; yet here his is seeking out the drama.

I do agree with you about our ability to "ban ourselves." I'd be happy to follow through with the bet and ban myself for a month if I feel that I lost legitimately. But Atmos' declaration that I lost is based on me talking about a game that I own, enjoy, and gave a lengthy review for, Skyrim. He's also trying to make it seem as if the bet didn't let me talk about one of my favorite non-VR games of all time, Myst, because I advertise the Myst-Mod that I built in my Sig.

Both of those are absurd enough to warrant the fact that he lost the debate within the first 5 seconds that it began - if we're going to go that far with the silliness.

When Atmos was declared the loser the moment the bet began, I didn't really hound him for the loss. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and accept that there are some things he can talk about, like his DK2 and Oculus games he owns, like the Climb. I assumed that the same courtesy would extend to me; yet here he is going for the lowest hanging fruit. Hence the silliness.

And I think the argument over who won/loss the bet is harmless enough in this thread that was "sunk." Where the only real problem is with folks like you and Brixmis going out of your way to chime in with a bit of needless negativity.

There's no negativity from here Zen, joining in the fun - i see absolutely nothing wrong with the thread or content to be honest.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

RattyUK
Trustee
@Zenbane & @Atmos73 - don't either get banned or ban yourselves, the continuous bickering between you, while slightly annoying at times, provides a fun distraction as well as a surprisingly informative view on a multitude of subjects.

You are both less ascerbic and better mannered than a handful of regular 'troll' posters on a narrowboat forum I'm also known to frequent, and you both make me chuckle 🙂

(guess that rules me out from the poster of the week award... )
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

There's no negativity from here Zen, joining in the fun - i see absolutely nothing wrong with the thread or content to be honest.

I'll also add that if any of the Mods feel that I did lose the debate then in all sincerity, I'll happily abide by the 1-month self-ban. It was, afterall, Atmos who made the terms that the Mods will decide. We have one Mod who voted that Atmos lost. There's a few Mod's who are free to voice their Vote! They can even PM me if they don't want to say so here.

I just think it would be a waste since there was something bigger and better happening due to a more sensible approach to the Bet/Agreement. For example, I immediately stopped posting in the Pimax Megathread. I also stopped taking part in any discussion related to HTC and SteamVR statistics. I consider that a good thing.

On the other hand, Atmos didn't really do the same thing. He keeps arguing in Oculus threads like the "GO Sales" thread, and this thread.

I don't really care one way or the other. I'm sure many have noticed that up until the last 3 days I haven't really been posting much. And if you look at the screenshot I posted of my VR Library, I haven't played much in VR at all in nearly 1-month.  The last thing I played myself was SkyrimVR, which was over 25 days ago:

4fepmy2tkadp.jpg

Everything else that shows a recent playthrough (Henry, Beat Saber, First Contact) are titles played by friends/family. I haven't had time to do any VR in a month, and I have less time going in to July.

Although if anyone checks my Zenbane Steam stats, I have been playing the hell out of Pillars of Eternity! And that's because it is a flat 2D game with a Pause button (old school IceWind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights style game).

That gaming style fits my current schedule.

Anywho, apologies for the digression.
🙂

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

Zenbane said:

I nominate @Brixmis for the "Pity Party of the Year" award followed by the, "Someone Feel Sorry For Me" Forum Title

😉

I won't answer that - I didn't mention any names and I think it's funny you seem to think I was talking about you. Let's not go into the things you actually could be justifyably called from your behaviour here.

I'm sure you'll have another smart-arse response. hey - there's one! 😉

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Brixmis said:

I won't answer that - I didn't mention any names and I think it's funny you seem to think I was talking about you. Let's not go into the things you actually could be justifyably called from your behaviour here.

You've made some very recent comments about Atmos and myself:
"I just think you look like a pair of prats."

Your "Gobshite" insult wasn't very subtle; and I'm totally down with swinging insults back n' forth, since that's been your MO lately. Like I said before, I gave you a few free passes because you've taken to the forum about your real life inadequacies. I felt sorry for you but if you wanna keep engaging in pure insults then I'm happy to illustrate just how ill-equipped you are for the occasion.

🙂

kernow
Heroic Explorer
fln62s5c1vso.jpg