cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus rift issue "too many lost IMU samples"

Wikiful
Explorer
Hello everyone,
I have been playing with my Oculus for two week and recently I got some issues.
Every 5 minutes, my screen on the Oculus freeze for 3-5 seconds and it's written on the settings of the oculus home : "too many lost IMU samples.".

I used an extension cord on my HDMI port, on the USB of the Oculus screen and on one of my sensor, but I have tested without it and it didn't change anything.
I also have bought this controller card ( https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01KTGPOSC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) to add additional USB 3.0 port but Oculus home don't detect it as a 3.0 USB port. (Does it come from the card, my motherboard ? Could it cause the problem ?)

I tried to play with that but it's getting really uncomfortable, that why I hope the community could help me in some way.
Thanks for your answers and sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
I leave you with this gif that show the error from Oculus home and my spec : https://i.gyazo.com/8d5075385734ab5a6f4176f91426b490.gif

Intel Core i7 3770 3.40 GHz

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8B75-M Rev X.0x

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

16 Go RAM DDR3 666.54 MHz
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
chipset drivers? I hve the latest chipset drivers but I think i need to rollback. any tips on installing older chipset drivers?

cybereality
Grand Champion
They would usually be listed as USB drivers. You can also try to find out what brand USB controller is on your system and download them from the manufacturer website.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

simo1000rr
Protege
@cybereality im not really sure what USB controller i have on my MB  i would really appercaite it of you look at the specs of this motherboard in the attached links and tell me if its Asmedia or not ?  
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/specifications/

I always download the latest driver of the MB from their website but intel has a newer one for the USB 3.0 extension controller , i dont know if that what i have on this board or not . Shouldn't windows 10 install the latest USB driver automatically ? 
EDIT : i would add that i unplugged every thing except for the mouse and i tried all 6 USB  available in  the back of my MB and all of them gives the Error " too many lost IMU "  what gets me is that with 1.18 it doesnt happen . is there a way to roll back to 1.18 ?

highwayinthesky
Explorer
I also started getting this error after the update to 1.19. I’ve updated all possible drivers, reinstalled Windows, and even replaced the motherboard with a different model. It happens regardless of whether the Rift is connected to my Inateck board, an ASMedia 3.1 port, or the Intel 3.0 ports. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
My trackers are currently mounted upside down from the ceiling.  Maybe the new 1.19 doesn't like that too much. 😃  Still, I'm having fun with it.  I only really have problems in Artika.1.  Killing Floor Incursion, Elite Dangerous, The Unspoken, just to name a few seems fine.  I'm going to do some more testing on my next day off work.  I have a weird work schedule.  I was thinking it was my cable, but since I'm not the only with the issue, I going to hold off on buying a new cable for my Rift.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Just to confirm the problem now exists with 1.19...I too am now experiencing the exact same thing since 1.19 entered my system. I tried Nvidia's older video drivers for my 1080Ti and the problem still exists. I also tried the Asmedia USB drivers Cybereality listed and they installed on my system but Oculus software has message by my Rift device telling me to update my USB drivers...so I reinstalled the original Asus drivers for my board which fixed that message but the poor tracking problem still exists.

The poor tracking problem is very intermittent on my system....But I can reproduce the problem every time by just putting on my HMD for a few seconds while watching the oculus device section for my HMD. It will all of a sudden show the poor tracking for a few moments and then go away after a few moments...then I take it off and it does the same the same thing...then returns to normal...everytime. It never did this with 1.18.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

simo1000rr
Protege

Just to confirm the problem now exists with 1.19...I too am now experiencing the exact same thing since 1.19 entered my system. I tried Nvidia's older video drivers for my 1080Ti and the problem still exists. I also tried the Asmedia USB drivers Cybereality listed and they installed on my system but Oculus software has message by my Rift device telling me to update my USB drivers...so I reinstalled the original Asus drivers for my board which fixed that message but the poor tracking problem still exists.

The poor tracking problem is very intermittent on my system....But I can reproduce the problem every time by just putting on my HMD for a few seconds while watching the oculus device section for my HMD. It will all of a sudden show the poor tracking for a few moments and then go away after a few moments...then I take it off and it does the same the same thing...then returns to normal...everytime. It never did this with 1.18.

this is exactly what happens to me the part where when i put on my Oculus headset the warring msg appear but when i take it off the HMD screen goes black and the warning msg disappears. i strongly say that calling this on the UBS is utter bullshit  , it has to do with the 1.19 update since this never happened to any other run time client 

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

They would usually be listed as USB drivers. You can also try to find out what brand USB controller is on your system and download them from the manufacturer website.

Cybereality,

I just installed the latest Asmedia drivers for my USB 3.1 controller (version 1.16.42.1) from Station-drivers website. My motherboard is an Asus z97-A USB 3.1. Asus only has drivers on their website up to 1.16.35.1. No change what so ever with the poor tracking issue with the latest drivers. Still poor tracking happening as I have described in my previous post.

As this has only started happening with 1.19 software, there must be something that has changed in there between 1.18 & 1.19. Unless Microsoft themselves have done something with their latest update for Windows 10 Pro.

A solution definitely is needed as there are many experiencing this issue.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

simo1000rr
Protege
at least give us a way to roll back to 1.18

The_Third_Sausa
Honored Guest
Is there any answer to this issue? I have just got some tracking issues linked to these Lost I’m packets
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?