cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots and lots and lots of screens in Oculus Home 2.0's um ... new screen feature!

LZoltowski
Champion
Although very cool, would be great if we had a folder that could auto play videos, so they would start on their own on the screens when you get to your home.

https://youtu.be/u80TyRGdIB0
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
35 REPLIES 35

Digikid1
Consultant
Weird 

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer

VLC does not work for some reason

Windows Media Player worked and MPC-HC ... anything else refused to play, also full screen youtube not working correctly currently ... or anything full screen for that matter.

Yeah the reason I asked was cause I couldn't get it to work with VLC =/  and i'm just wanting to display screen savers but run a couple different folders on different screens like you did in your vid..  Thanks for the heads up though.
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃

Anonymous
Not applicable
Teleport only after 2years already? I'm sticking with Home Classic.

you can freely move everywhere in Home Classic? wow

danknugz
Superstar
this is kind of cool but kind of gimmicky and pointless as well. wish they would spend more time on cv2 and actual games instead of this worthless bullshit, quite honestly.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Probably different people developing the software, the games and the hardware

just guessing

danknugz
Superstar
how would that preclude management of those teams and reassignment of tasks and resources?

“just guessing” lol bro
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

taking people off one job doesn't mean they're going to be good at another job bro

doesn't mean the other job is going to be speeded up either

…. and finally (and most likely) they already have the right number of people doing the jobs you want to be done

Edit: and finally finally, the stuff you don't like is stuff other people like.

I know though, the more people like something...the bigger the temptation to run into the room and poop in the middle of the floor.

…..or maybe that's just me.

danknugz
Superstar
thats my whole point though. the fact that Cv2 is nowhere to be found, no aaa games from oculus or funding any good games, but hey, heres some pointless little gimmicky knick-knacks and shiny things in oculus home so you can shut up, because look, oculus is working for you

donald trump *wrong*

that to me doesnt say “they already have the right number of people doing the jobs” - where do you get that information, because you said so and think its true?

it doesnt exactly instill any confidence in oculus’ ability to do anything except... make shiny things and pointless gimmicks in home

pretty simple concept to understand.

the stuff i like isnt what other people like? so everyone is satiated with these home gimmicks and no one wants actual games or CV2. gotcha

I thought my concept was pretty simple too