cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stutter in Home

Zandil
Rising Star
Just curious if this is my side or the Oculus Home beta, in my Home environment i seem to get a lot of stutter looking around.
I have set the graphics from low to high and tried the auto setting and nothing seems to change, cleared my home environment to the default empty room and same issue, using the space with planets background.
23 REPLIES 23

Netheri
Rising Star
I've had this stutter in Home2 all the time. It helped a little one time i installed older NVIDIA drivers, but it can't be always the cure to revert other drivers to get ONE program to work right. I'm also experiencing Dash's lagging and stuttering every time in Home2 on the initial run, after using some game or app Dash works fine. Both of these problems doesn't exist in games or apps in VR. 
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
The stuttering, for me at least, has gone away for now. Might suggest overlapping causes.

PARTYW00T
Explorer

If you experience any issue, please submit a bug report so we can look into it. You can do that in the Help Center (lower left of Oculus app) by clicking Provide Feedback. Thanks.

I experienced this issue and did just that and the response was "disable the beta". thats not a solution. I recommend you not waste your time seeking help from them in this particular scenario, because my home is still jittery and I'm now missing two hours i'll want back on my deathbed.

EDIT: im not advocating not submitting bug reports. just sharing what happened when I shared this one - I think they were already aware of it. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload your LogGatherer zip file? It may be big, so you can host on Google Drive, etc.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Digikid1
Consultant
I can also confirm this.  Just got 1.27....AGAIN for some reason....it shows up TWICE in my log.....1.27 a few weeks ago...non beta....and then a day ago another instance of 1.27.  However since then I too have noticed a huge stutter.  I would give you a screenshot of my install log but it will not fit on one pic.

SwirlyMaple
Expert Protege

Can you upload your LogGatherer zip file? It may be big, so you can host on Google Drive, etc.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...

Here's mine. I did start messing with a bunch of stuff before this though so not sure how useful it is.

I see that I'm getting the "[Kernel:Default] Windows 10 system doesn't appear to have RiftDisplay.inf installed. Cannot use DXGI 2 path successfully." error that lots of other people have had.

I tried manually installing the driver, and also running the oculus-driver.exe file, and no success with either to install the RiftDisplay.inf. Is this even used by the Rift anymore, and if so has anyone figured out how to force its installation when Windows refuses? The last log I have that shows a successful install of this driver was on March 8.

Anyway, here's the LogGatherer file. Thanks for your help @cybereality
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rp1rrc4w8balyu/Oculus_Logs_DESKTOP-VT1RCLV_20180621_114421.zip?dl=0

Anonymous
Not applicable
Home 2.0 has become unusable due to HMD stutter. I'm on a 4790k, 16GB and a GTX1080. For the last few days I've been pulling cables, checking sensors, reverting drivers, etc but nothing changes. Something is seriously wrong with the latest build. I have no problems inside games.

craylad
Protege
I am having the same problem. Stuttering in Home beta but not in games. It's OK in the old home. Re-installed Windows problem went then came back when 1.27 landed. I have i5 4670K, 16Gb and MSI GTX1080.

Zandil
Rising Star
Anyone had any luck fixing this, still the same for me?

Sterling77
Rising Star
If you disable AA smoothing it gets rid of most of the stuttering. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook