cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Shitty Software

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every time there is a minor change in system the software gets corrupted and asks for repair. connected another screen into my HDMI and now oculus tells me to repair
The next problem is it downloads the whole setup again of 5 gb
7 REPLIES 7

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
Maybe your system needs configuring...I plug/unplug all kinds of shit all day long and never get anything corrupted...I can't remember the last time I had to repair.
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Repairing is not the main problem, the problem is it re downloading the whole package for it to repair with a slow internet connection.

Every other software is working just fine except for this  after a change. and it has happened multiple times. and i have a new system
😞40gjo7b5x7cg.png

LZoltowski
Champion
I'm sorry, you are having difficulties, I've had my rift for 2 years and not a single re-install or repair of Oculus, perhaps if you gave us a bit more info about your setup (what you have plugged in, specs, background software running) and sent some logs we could figure it out together.

Instructions for log gathering:

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rahotep
Protege

Repairing is not the main problem, the problem is it re downloading the whole package for it to repair with a slow internet connection.

Every other software is working just fine except for this  after a change. and it has happened multiple times. and i have a new system
😞40gjo7b5x7cg.png

Afrim. Time waster - headset not being tracked, you hit repair and there goes everything you downloaded. Likely this shitty software will ask me to redownload the games again too. Then I am out of Rift

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you download the Oculus setup installer again and place the exe file at the root of your C drive (meaning on C but not in any folder)? Then when the setup asks for your game library folder, use E:/RiftGames or some other base directory on a drive with more than 120GB free. You cannot use Program Files, or any other restricted folder. Finally, please temporarily disable Windows Defender, or any other anti-virus you have on your system. Those steps may help.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Rahotep
Protege
I was able to install the software again meanwhile. I had to delete all my games folder and the folders Oculus in my profile and in the ProgramData. After doing this, the software installed. Then I had to setup my account again. It was like I never had Oculus installed before. Then i was ending up in the old home location. I was unable to setup height and the room anyway. It would not be able to see the front of my headset. thats what the software tells me. Then I updated oculus home as i was promted to do so. It installed a a few GB more and I finally ended up being in my old home. Funny enough, it started to download all my apps again. about 40GB. Regardless of this, I am able to use the headset in DCS, XP11, Unspoken, Dirt Rally. I am simply not able to complete the config of the playground