cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update some if not most games

assettomio
Adventurer
For some games (I've got a pretty big list of pending updates) I need to install additional 3rd party software it says, but instead of then getting the popup to install said software, I keep getting popups like "Recordstore19: record must have id", and "Recordstore18: record must have id", and at some point I even got an error message saying "OVR63904737"..
I have tried several reboots, I had tried disabling the firewall and antivirus all together, I have tried downloading the oculus setup tool and doing a repair, I have tried logging out and logging back in, and I have tried all those things while force starting windows update, none of these things made any difference..
Anybody got any ideas? They'd be appreciated

27 REPLIES 27

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great news. I filed a bug report, so we will be looking into it. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

assettomio
Adventurer
@cybereality I hate to be a partypooper, but the problem seems to be back, it want's to download 2 oculus software updates, but it stays stuck at 0%.
I cannot pause it or cancel it, those buttons are greyed out or non-responsive..
If however I try to update another game that's in the update list, it will ask for third party tools or something, and when I press okay it will give the error message again saying recordstore19: must have id..
And I cannot start any games that it wants to update

Edit: It just jumped from 0% to 100%, and disappeared, now the games when I try to update them say "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. (OVR63904737)"
Just now I've tried it with a completely disabled firewall, disabled antivirus, and run as admin, didn't do anything

assettomio
Adventurer
Now I tried logging out and back in again, but it just jumps back to the login screen after logging in, second time it asked me to verify my email which I did, it seemed to accept it, and jump back to the login screen again, so I can't sign into my account anymore now and use oculus home at all, I seem to be completely locked out
I'm 10.000% certain it's the correct password, I use a password manager so, I checked.. It seems to log in, then just boots me straight back out

Edit: After verifying my email for the 3rd time it finally let me in and stayed logged in, but I still seem to run in to the OVR63904737 error, so can't run any games with updates pending

Karaya2
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. Nothing helps:
  • Reinstalled Oculus Home
  • Beta Branch or not
  • Uninstalled some apps, reinstalled, same error
  • Logout out and login again ...nothing helped
Oculus Home is completely broken right now. I am unable to use any kind of app I purchased from the Oculus Store. The only way to keep my Oculus from beeing a useless brick is SteamVR.

Now I have an overlay constantly visible inside Oculus Home when wearing the Rift, saying:

Fatal Error: Dash encountered a fatal error. Please reload Dash to continue. Press any button to reload Dash.

No button helps, I only see the oculus sign "O" after pressing any button on the touch controller for am moment and then the UI and the message appears again.

Downloading new apps results in the same problem as the ones stated as "Updating" or "Re-installing".

Please fix ASAP, Oculus

oezgn6dgjnbm.png

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload (or share from Google Drive) your LogGatherer zip file?
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Karaya2
Honored Guest

cybereality
Grand Champion
Okay. I will share with the team.

assettomio
Adventurer

Karaya2
Honored Guest

@cybereality Do you need my logfiles too?

@Karaya2 I see you're in Germany, I'm close to the border there in the Netherlands.. Do you happen to use a vpn?

No VPN in use at all. I wouldn't even know, what to use it for in Oculus Home since all I am interested in is available in Germany anyways.

assettomio
Adventurer
g