cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you wear glasses - ways around it?

superkermit
Honored Guest
https://vr-lens-lab.com/

No more hassle with glasses that don’t fit. Let your VR headset wear glasses so you don’t have to.

I was thinking of getting my eyes tested (just for the Oculus use) and getting a set of custom made in between lenses to fir on the rift.

Is this company the only one that does it?

Any other options?
26 REPLIES 26

superkermit
Honored Guest
I have ordered the adaptor and will provide feedback.

Antigollos
Honored Guest

I have ordered the adaptor and will provide feedback.

Hi Superkermit! 😃

Say, can you tell us news about the 25$ adaptor? 

Thanks in advance! 

kernow
Heroic Explorer
If they include that dynamic focus thing in Half Dome in the next Rift, you might not have to worry about glasses since it should be able to be calibrated to include vision correction.

HiThere_
Superstar
Superkermit posted that a year ago.

Thing is even the best pair of VR lenses will only fix the problem for one user.

If you plan to share your VR headset, the best thing to do is to start by buying the headset which provides the widest available faceplate. And if you already purchased your first generation high-end VR headset... well you're out of luck.

Under the understanding that the CV1 has the most narrow faceplate width of any high-end VR headset I'm aware of, and that the HTC Vive Pro's faceplate is even wider then the HTC Vive's faceplate.

Faceplate width is typically NOT provided by manufacturers, but any serious reviewer will be quick to point out how well a faceplate fits his casual glasses (or even his own head) into a VR headset.

gcogger
Protege
These guys also do prescription adapters and lenses, and I've generally seen them recommended over the Lens lab ones.

LZoltowski
Champion
Widmos adapters are better than Lens Lab, much better fit for the rift.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Ravenger
Expert Protege

Widmos adapters are better than Lens Lab, much better fit for the rift.

I've got these and they are excellent. Easy to fit, great vision, and have transformed my use of the rift. It's so nice to be able to put the rift on and off without mucking around with glasses.