cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking issues

Mickelf1
Honored Guest
my headset used to work fine, but now everything is turned a different direction. my camera placement has not changed and everything is exactly the same. 
Now it says "your camera's are tracking your position, but cant see the front of your headset". When i went to my VR home i was fazing through the floor and everything moved with my head.

Please help.
6 REPLIES 6

MasterMaurizio
Honored Guest
same problem after the update

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
Sometimes after software updates you need to redo your sensor setup. (Personally, I would re-do the setup every time they update the software). Have you tried that?

How is your HMD plugged in to your PC? Is there enough power from the USB port?

Are you on the public test channel (PTC) or beta release of the software? --> roll back to the latest official stable release.

On a less light note: Have you recently dropped/damaged your HMD in any way to cause the front LED's from functioning? (Worst case scenario)

PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're investigating some issues with tracking height now.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
Did 3 installs today, 2 new Oculuses, having poor tracking issues periodically with no obstructions.  I know you're working on it Cybereality, just chiming in so people don't feel alone.

Iamstevenb
Honored Guest
My sensors are tracking but cannot see the front of my headset. I moved the sensors to create a larger play area. I recalibrated the sensors. But the sensors cannot see the face of the headset. What do I do now?

Rahotep
Protege
Yeah, same here. After lengthy uninstall and reinstall all games session and loosing my settings, I have never done the hight and guardian setup again. I have the headset working.