cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Height Adjustment broken and Stuttering

Nikrey
Explorer
Hey guys,
when i started Oculus Home (Win 10) today i noticed a pretty annoying stuttering.
I thought the sensors might not be working properly, so i started the sensor setup.
Everything was fine with the sensor setup itself, but when it came to the height adjustment oculus just 
added my input of 177 cm to my old height and i was huge. 

I tried to fix that by starting the height adjustment directly, but oculus just added my input to my previous height
over and over again so that im now somewhere in the sky in my Oculus Home.
When i tried the sensor setup again, it completly bugged out by telling me im too far away from my sensors no matter 
how close i was to them and i skipped it. 

I saw that there was an Oculus Update just a few hours ago, so i disabled Rift Core 2.0 started the height setup again.. same result.
I tried to unplug my Rift, restarted my PC .. same result.
I reinstalled the Oculus Software and my height was fixed.

Well Oculus had to update a few minutes later (to restore my game library i think?) and 
there was the stuttering again. Since I wasn't planning on playing for the rest of the day anyway after all this,
i tried to reproduce the bug, started the sensor setup and it was all back again.

BUT 
after replugging my sensors Oculus doesnt add my height to the previous one anymore, instead subtracts it
so that im currently ~ -350cm tall.

So Oculus is basically broken right now for me and i need some help.
The OculusLogGatherer.exe file is attached. 

Thank you very much for your help!
17 REPLIES 17

Ephdup
Honored Guest
I have the exact same problem. Everytime i reset my height it just keeps getting taller.  How come when updates come along things get broken.  I dont understand!!!!

phishh2017
Explorer
Seems to me problem is very similar to issues I used to have with games like Job simulator & Rick and Morty. Screen tearing.. height issues.. crashes. Did research then and found on message boards that the reason was that those games were very physics intensive and were problematic for those using i5 processors that do not allow for hyperthreading like the devil's canyon I have. I got around it by overclocking the processor some and it sorted itself out but I'd wager adding the screen imbeds has created a similar issue especially since I saw a few posts stating that newer i7 systems were not experiencing the problems other are from the recent update.

SectionOne
Expert Protege
I'm having the same problem.
Every time i set up my height, the instructions went further and further away and now I can't even see them.

On the other hand, It's nice looking up at my Oculus home apartment from the road with the cars below. (I'm using that futuristic 5th element environment)

Any quick fix or bypass? I'm having friends over in 2 hours!

------
UPDATE:

After reinstalling oculus (repair) and re-setting the height, it works.
Just don't open the beta channel yet...

dragondv68
Explorer
Nikery you just described my issue on the dot....  im trying to play Orubus VR and im way off the ground... u was going to uninstall completely and reinstall oculus but i guess that many not help....

dragondv68
Explorer
Nikery you just described my issue on the dot....  im trying to play Orubus VR and im way off the ground... u was going to uninstall completely and reinstall oculus but i guess that many not help....

Nikrey
Explorer
Well, what currently works for me is to reinstall the Oculus Software.
When you start Oculus the "first" time you'll start without Rift Core 2.0 being active and the very 
first sensor setup seems to work properly. 
You can even start Rift Core 2.0 afterwards and it keeps being fine, but from then on you should'nt use the sensor setup or height adjustment again until the fix comes out. 

Besides (in case a dev should read this) there is a glitch with the carpet serpia (if that's the correct name? it's called Teppich Serpia in german) for several patches now, that looking at it distorts parts of the carpet for half a second every few seconds. 
Kinda ruins the immersion. 😉

dragondv68
Explorer
if i reinstall the oculus software do will i have to reinstall all my games as well??

Nikrey
Explorer
no