cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm hovering in the air about 6 feet above the ground - HELP!!

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
I just moved my computer had to reset everything and now no matter how many times I run setup it shows me way above the floor so nothing runs right.  Resetting my height doesn't help.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
29 REPLIES 29

cybereality
Grand Champion
We are investigating height issues now. You should submit a bug report to aid in the investigation. You can do this in the Help Center (lower left of Oculus app) by clicking Provide Feedback.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
thanks

HugoV
Explorer
Im getting the same problem, ever time I try to set up I'm at a different height . Now getting a message oops something went wrong at start up, is the problem at your end or mine ? Best H 

Raunhofer
Protege
Is there any DIY way to fix/circumvent this problem? Tools or something?

Manu277
Honored Guest

We are investigating height issues now. You should submit a bug report to aid in the investigation. You can do this in the Help Center (lower left of Oculus app) by clicking Provide Feedback.

Thank you. I have done that.
Is there any development? I could not use the VR headset yesterday all day because of this. And today, that is a holiday here, either. Do you have any idea of when it will be solved?
Thank you for your help,
Manuel Ramos

cybereality
Grand Champion
No. I don't know when it will be fixed, but we are looking into it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Ephdup
Honored Guest
This last update has broken my Rift Setup. Is it just me or does it feel that every time oculus releases another update it completely breaks everything.  I just don't understand. This HMD has been out for a fairly long time now, and it seems like issues like these are not being resolved or more are being created. Please tell us how to downgrade our update or reset the height so we can play again. There has to be a way to roll back!

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, unfortunately rolling back is not an option. But we are working on the issue. As I mentioned, the best thing to do would be to submit a bug report so that will help with our investigation. Thanks.

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
Really weird, I set up 3 Oculuses today
#1 - Floating up above the clouds
#2 - Standing on the ground but with about a 5 degree tilt to the left
#3 - No idea, apparently the Asus ROG Strix HDMI in doesn't recognize the headset so I googled and found people said that getting a USB-C to HDMI adapter will work so picking that up in the morning, then I'll know... hoping for 2 out of 3 on the ground!