cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July Platform Updates: Hang Out with Friends in Rift Core 2.0—Early Social Features Rolling Out Now!

cybereality
Grand Champion

https://www.oculus.com/blog/july-platform-updates-hang-out-with-friends-in-rift-core-early-social-fe...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd rather have a No Home Option as this kind of thing is a Social App.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Just saw this on Reddit--looks awesome!! Also, thumbstick locomotion in Home has been added too!!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
As long as I won't be required to have a Facebook account 😉

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

RattyUK
Trustee
That sucks!  Now I'll have to wait even longer to finish my custom watercooling loop as I'll have to head back to Home to play with proper locomotion, pimping my Avatar, then looking out for any friends who I can invade visit.

And then there is still the outing in SkyrimVR with Mjoll calling out to me too...

Oh Woe! 😛
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Digikid1
Consultant
Agreed on the no Facebook thing. 

Richooal
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Agreed on the no Facebook thing. 

+1
It's becoming just another social platform.

This stuff should be completely separate, but launchable, from within a more basic VR UI.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you kidding me??? I just rolled out of PTC, and now I want to join in again xD!
Well, I'll just wait because I'm scared of performance issues right now... But I'm glad that multiplayer is already here! And being able to share Oculus Desktop? That's an awesome surprise!!!

@Richooal : All this is optional, so I don't see where the problem is. That said, if you don't want to go through Home, you can just launch the VR app from your desktop.

Fluke
Heroic Explorer
Anyone actually managed to invite someone to their home? The friends option doesn't show anyone underneath it, and all my friends homes no longer show up. My favourites list has also been wiped.

Just talked to a mate via party chat, and the same has happened to him - there doesn't appear to be any functional way for either of us to invite the other person (yes, homes are set to public).
Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

RattyUK
Trustee
The new update appears to give you headset tracking too, walking in a straight line (nothing stronger than cola so far today...) and looking to left or right moves you in that direction!

Nice one Devs B)
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3