New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

I'm hovering in the air about 6 feet above the ground - HELP!!

Ocala-VR2Ocala-VR2 Posts: 455
Trinity
I just moved my computer had to reset everything and now no matter how many times I run setup it shows me way above the floor so nothing runs right.  Resetting my height doesn't help.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,667 Oculus Staff
    We are investigating height issues now. You should submit a bug report to aid in the investigation. You can do this in the Help Center (lower left of Oculus app) by clicking Provide Feedback.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Ocala-VR2Ocala-VR2 Posts: 455
    Trinity
    thanks
  • HugoVHugoV Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited June 29
    Im getting the same problem, ever time I try to set up I'm at a different height . Now getting a message oops something went wrong at start up, is the problem at your end or mine ? Best H 
  • RaunhoferRaunhofer Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Is there any DIY way to fix/circumvent this problem? Tools or something?
  • Manu277Manu277 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    We are investigating height issues now. You should submit a bug report to aid in the investigation. You can do this in the Help Center (lower left of Oculus app) by clicking Provide Feedback.
    Thank you. I have done that.
    Is there any development? I could not use the VR headset yesterday all day because of this. And today, that is a holiday here, either. Do you have any idea of when it will be solved?
    Thank you for your help,
    Manuel Ramos
    No. I don't know when it will be fixed, but we are looking into it.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • EphdupEphdup Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    This last update has broken my Rift Setup. Is it just me or does it feel that every time oculus releases another update it completely breaks everything.  I just don't understand. This HMD has been out for a fairly long time now, and it seems like issues like these are not being resolved or more are being created. Please tell us how to downgrade our update or reset the height so we can play again. There has to be a way to roll back!
    No, unfortunately rolling back is not an option. But we are working on the issue. As I mentioned, the best thing to do would be to submit a bug report so that will help with our investigation. Thanks.
    Trinity
    Really weird, I set up 3 Oculuses today
    #1 - Floating up above the clouds
    #2 - Standing on the ground but with about a 5 degree tilt to the left
    #3 - No idea, apparently the Asus ROG Strix HDMI in doesn't recognize the headset so I googled and found people said that getting a USB-C to HDMI adapter will work so picking that up in the morning, then I'll know... hoping for 2 out of 3 on the ground!
  • QB8YoungQB8Young Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I am having the same issues. Running setup keeps making it worse. 6, 10, 20, feet in the air above my Home so I keep running setup over and over and now I am stuck at the "Set Your View in VR" step and when I put on the headset as instructed I see nothing. How long till we get this horrible mess of an "update" fixed? I can't even submit a bug report because I am stuck at this step. I also just added a 3rd sensor yesterday and I thought that was the reason. I am frustrated beyond belief. 
    Trinity
    QB8Young said:
    I am having the same issues. Running setup keeps making it worse. 6, 10, 20, feet in the air above my Home so I keep running setup over and over and now I am stuck at the "Set Your View in VR" step and when I put on the headset as instructed I see nothing. How long till we get this horrible mess of an "update" fixed? I can't even submit a bug report because I am stuck at this step. I also just added a 3rd sensor yesterday and I thought that was the reason. I am frustrated beyond belief. 
    How long is the easiest question to answer.  Until they diagnose the issue and figure out how to fix it!  Hopefully it’s soon!  I’m sure they want it fixed too.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,570 Valuable Player
    Tie some weights to your feet that might keep you grounded..
    Trinity
    RedRizla said:
    LOL
    NerveGear
    RedRizla said:
    (I get the joke haha) However the exact opposite is needed. I would need to climb a ladder so my physical self is where my virtual self is.
  • JimbosteinJimbostein Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited June 30
    QB8Young said:
    Oh god I did the same thing! The worst part is, you could restart your PC, you could restart the oculus client, you could unplug/replug the rift in...and you still get this screen, with no way to go back. I can't even restart oculus set up because it loads into this non-interactive screen (with the whole scanning/guardian area approximately one pixel, 280 stories below me).

Before I screwed it up *that much* I attempted to switch from the beta client back to the normal one, and I had the same results. Every time I tried to scan my position, even if I reset and tried again, it kept pushing me further and further away from the playable area (or in the case of the non-beta client, made me look through a window into the sitting area). Changing height settings did nothing. Eventually, after switching back to beta client, I tried one more time, and I was so far away that all the UI stuff like dash and the different windows were shaking (which in other games I could contribute to being so far away from the play area that the program is having trouble with calculating floating point/physics). Of course, resetting the floor one more time made it so far away that I'm stuck like you, with a blank screen and music. And I know it's not the rift, because even though it's blank, it's not "non-functional dark" but "staring into the abyss" lit-up blackness.

Hopefully a new patch will magically fix it all, and I don't have to reinstall 260gb of stuff....

EDIT: Oh I don't know if this helps, but I noticed it kept popping up poor tracking errors for the headset, even though I've changed virtually nothing hardware-wise. I tried setting up without the 3rd sensor, and it kept telling me I was too far away from the front sensors and to try again. I wonder if this all was resulting from the problems of my virtual "presence" getting pushed far outside the boundaries of the guardian system. The headset itself seemed to operate normally when I put it on, despite the errors.
  • CoveropCoverop Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I'm also encountering the same issue.
    Everytime I calibrate Oculus Rift, my character is 3 Meters above the ground and each time when I want to fix it inside VR It pushes me meters away (re-calibrate center position).

I hope you'll fix this quick.

NerveGear
    Coverop said:
    I'm also encountering the same issue.
    Everytime I calibrate Oculus Rift, my character is 3 Meters above the ground and each time when I want to fix it inside VR It pushes me meters away (re-calibrate center position).

I hope you'll fix this quick.

The issue with the latest Public Test Channel release. Turn off the Public Test Release and Rift Core 2.0 Beta. Then after the switch back calibrate all steps. If you like you can then switch back to Core 2.0 Beta... but do not go back to the Public Test Channel until the bug is fixed (or at all really)
  • TacticalShadowTacticalShadow Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Uninstall/reinstall worked for me. Clicked off beta core 2.0 too. 
  • MasterMaurizioMasterMaurizio Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    same problem flitting in the air
    sent feedback
  • MasterMaurizioMasterMaurizio Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    frist contact e OculusLogGatherer log
    NerveGear
    Im still getting the same issues as the above !!! Very annoying ! 
    NerveGear
    I have now reinstalled Oculus and it seem to be working fine ! 
  • ClarkKingClarkKing Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same problem,but i noticed that everything goes well when I use steamVR......
  • IlIfadeIlIIlIfadeIlI Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Had to turn off public test channel in settings and everything went back to normal for me.
  • RipShred234RipShred234 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    you can go into the devices tab and go to configure rift. you can change height there.
    NerveGear
    you can go into the devices tab and go to configure rift. you can change height there.
    Not that simple when a software issue is causing this glitch. They need to disable the public test channel.