cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup: KB2670838 and KB3033929 required, but already installed

paranoidcoder
Explorer
So i'm trying to run the Oculus setup, however, every time I try it will not allow me to continue because i do not have the windows updates KB2670838 and KB3033929, but I do have them installed!

The setup file i grabbed from here:
https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

And I've verified through Windows "Installed updates" that both of those updates are present on my Windows 7 machine.

Against my better judgement, I even went through and uninstalled the windows updates, and installed them again, but this problem still persists!

Help? I've been trying to get this thing to work for the last 6 hours!
82 REPLIES 82

Anonymous
Not applicable
@anthony.fogg

That's a solution. Something in the interface that allows customers to proceed. I'm not asking for a miracle, I know it's a pain to work with APIs that are out of your control (FYI, I'm on a fully-updated Windows 7 install, hardly an edge case). A command-line workaround for a system that is 100% GUI based is not a solution, period, and I'm beyond baffled that an actual Oculus Staff member would try to make the claim that it is. Has anyone explained User Experience to these people? I think they need some refresher courses.

TheGambler20
Honored Guest

So there is a trick to skip that part of the setup. Open the command prompt (and navigate to the folder where the setup file exists) and run this:
OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck
However, if the hotfixes *are* missing you will have lots of problems after that point.

Worked for me.  Thank you so much for letting us know.  Had the problem where the updates were already installed and still said they were not installed. 

Davidwandr
Honored Guest
Hi all.  I went to apply the OculusPatchMarch2018 and guess what... same problem!  So again, the solution is to run in cmd line; OculusPatchMarch2018.exe /bypassHotfixCheck 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been working on this bug for 2 days, nothing to do

cybereality
Grand Champion

tugnic said:

See the directions here on how to resolve the problem.
https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LZoltowski
Champion

tugnic said:

Some people are having issues running it from command prompt, here is another way:

Move the Setup file to C:\

RIght click on it and select create shortcut

on the created shortcut right click end select properties

add /bypassHotfixCheck as in the pic

k95drer2hm4r.jpg

press ok, and double click the shortcut
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

DontShootNow
Honored Guest
Just noting this is still a problem as of 2 year Rift CV1 Anniversary. Installing on Windows 7 64bit - the command line trick worked. 

Also Windows claimed the drivers were unsigned. Not a great first impression

Joselox
Honored Guest

There are tons of sites that can show how to use the command line. I can try to explain the steps.

- Copy the file "OculusSetup.exe" onto your C: drive (not in any folder, just in the root).
- Open the command window by pressing the Windows button and typing "cmd" and press Enter..
- Type "C:" and press enter. When you are typing, don't use quotes (just type what's in between the quotes).
- Type "CD/" and press enter.
- Type "OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck" and press enter.

That should be it. Hope that helps.

I just created my account while installing OUR 600 dollar product to thank this guy. Fucking awesome dude. You should OWN Oculus, period.

Silvastone
Honored Guest
ok... July 2018 and here I am having to deal with this... w7 tells me the hotfixes are already installed. I did all mentioned here... the bypass code doesn´t do it for me. The other method to install the hotfixes from cmd also doesn´t work... I checked multiple times for spelling and lower/upper case... no sucess at all.. what should I do?

Capitol_CPT
Honored Guest
What happens to someone who has both of these updates, but also needs to change their installation drive?

You cant do both cmds at once! ::neutral: