cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback to Oculus: Please add VR180 support to Oculus Video (180 degree 3D "fisheye") EDIT: FIXED!

karrtoon
Expert Protege
EDIT: If you have the VR180 camera from lenovo try to view the videos in the Oculus Gallery app instead of Oculus videos and the warping is gone. Now we just need the VR180 fixed for the Oculus Go Browser. So we can share these videos with eachother on youtube! Would recommend Oculus fix the Oculus video app and add this fisheye detection or an option for it like how it's working in the gallery app somehow.

Original Comment:

Stressing fisheye here as it's required. I have the new Lenovo Mirage VR camera and it's great. It shoots in VR180 (180 degree 3D fisheye required to view properly) I can view these in virtual desktop on the PC using the "fisheye" 180 3D option and it's perfect. But if you try to view them on the go or typical 3D 180 format like on the Oculus Go they are very stretched and warped. I want to be able to share these videos with friends and family using the Go easily.

With these new cameras releasing and youtube having this format now, I would highly recommend getting on this soon. I made a post the other day and as a side note you also can't view youtube "VR180" format videos from the Oculus go browser either when switching at the bottom of the browser to 180 3D.

tldr; This all has nothing to do with youtube directly really, you simply need to add fisheye support so these new cameras will work properly with the Go.
10 REPLIES 10

fisherro
Protege
I tried the Elton John VR180 videos on YouTube again, and I still don't think YouTube is sending the full image to the Go browser.