No Google Earth ? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

No Google Earth ?

Riplex1976Riplex1976 Posts: 2
NerveGear
No Google Earth App on the GO ?

Comments

• peioepeioe Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    No Google anything unfortunately.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    peioe said:
    No Google anything unfortunately.
    That's a GOOD thing. 
  • peioepeioe Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Why ? Google is evil ? You think Facebook is better ?
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,053
    3Jane
    Google Earth VR is probably worth the price of a (Rift) headset.  I just wish they were spending more time updating/upgrading images.
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • WTFGamerWTFGamer Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Google Earth doesn't exist on the Daydream devices either. I've got a Lenovo Mirage Solo. I think Google Earth is too processor intensive for the mobile devices currently.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,137 Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2018
    WTFGamer said:
    Google Earth doesn't exist on the Daydream devices either. I've got a Lenovo Mirage Solo. I think Google Earth is too processor intensive for the mobile devices currently.

That's an interesting point. I'd be curious to know how processor intensive the app is... I've kind of always assumed the bottleneck was internet/server data delivery, from the way the image detail build-up sometimes lags, but I could be wrong.

Either way, Google Earth would be a great addition to Go.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.418)