cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Power On

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I hold the power button and select power off, then when I try to power it on I get a battery indicator and it goes back off.

Eventually it does start up, not sure if it is a ridiculously long delay or just my repeated attempts that wake it.

Am I not doing it right, is there a special process? 

Seems bizarre.
14 REPLIES 14

cybereality
Grand Champion
It does take a little while to boot up from a cold start. If you want faster boots, you can leave in sleep mode.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it made some acknowledgment that it was starting up then I wouldn't care, what seems to happen is that I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds before I get anything. Most devices, you press the on button, it beeps or flashes a light and then you wait. This one seems to be you press a button and nothing happens, at some point it may turn on, if not then press and hold the button for ages and then eventually it gives in and turns on.

cercata
Expert Protege

It does take a little while to boot up from a cold start. If you want faster boots, you can leave in sleep mode.

If you put it in sleep mode, and the sensor detects something (the strap), it leaves sleep mode, so it's almost useless

desiv
Expert Protege

cercata said:

If you put it in sleep mode, and the sensor detects something (the strap), it leaves sleep mode, so it's almost useless

Just use a cover for your lens.
It keeps that from happening AND it protects your lens from scratches and your screen from possible burning.
I just used the included piece of cardboard for a while until I got another one.
I 3D printed mine, but I know they are being sold as well...
(I think Ramarcus has a youtube video on that.  Pretty sure he bought his)

cercata
Expert Protege
I don't see it ... it's not about the lenses, it's about the sensor in between, if you cover the sensor it thinks it's your head, and it switchs one

desiv
Expert Protege

cercata said:

If you cover the sensor it thinks it's your head, and it switchs one

Except it doesn't.  😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had to forcibly power it off, it didn’t move the controller pointer, the buttons worked but the point was frozen, removed the battery from the controller and reinsterted, as soon as it was reconnected the point stopped again and froze!

Anyway, after forced shutdown, I pressed the power button once, a battery icon showed for a few seconds and then it went off, did it again, same thing. Pressed and held power for 10 seconds, nothing, tried repeatedly, nothing, single press nothing. Eventually just held the power button down, after 30 seconds I got a chime and the oculus logo and now it's happy again.

This is what happens, is it normal?

This can’t be the way to turn it on! Press power and hold it until it eventually gives in and powers up?

LZoltowski
Champion
To completely power down the device, 
Take it off your head, hold the power button for 15 seconds, unit will shut down
To power it back on, hold the power button for 5 seconds, if the headset is not connected to power the LED on top will glow orange while booting, once booted you should hear the startup beep.

To reboot the controller only, hold both buttons on the controller for 10 seconds or until a LED light blinks on top of the touchpad.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know how to turn it off, if you hold the power button it also prompts you in device to power off or reboot (it also states that you can use the volume button to select buttons if the controller isn't working - that has never worked for me).

And as I stated in the other posts, holding the power button for 5 seconds does not power my device on, nor does the orange light come on. 

As I stated previously:

"I pressed the power button once, a battery icon showed for a few seconds and then it went off, did it again, same thing. PRESSED AND HELD POWER FOR 10 SECONDS, NOTHING, tried repeatedly, nothing, single press nothing. EVENTUALLY JUST HELD THE POWER BUTTON DOWN, AFTER 30 SECONDS I GOT A CHIME AND THE OCULUS LOGO and now it's happy again."