cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Hardware Error !

Dropsdawn
Explorer
Hello Everybody,
Here is my problem, I having a issue with the setting of the rift.
I have already send my ticket to the support.
I would like to say that it worked great before.

I have try several things :

- Plug and Unplug USB port ( I tried several mixes between USB 2.0 and 3.0)
- Last driver of my graphic card (GTX 970)
- Last update of Windows 10 
- Delete and Download the Rift program several time.
- Reboot the PC
- Unplug the cable in the helmet, inspect every cable
- I plug the rift in my HDMI port of my graphic card and I try with a adaptor for my DVI port.
- Scream and Cry 

I never post something without try everything I can find on internet...
So here I am...

yitt785i2lqy.png
Picture above : When I click on a game, after skipping the Rift set up
qysunezc7v4f.png
Picture above : During the set up of the rift
bei7j5pf0638.png
Picture above : General device problem appear during 3-4 sec after I skip the Rift set up
If I pass the mouse on the (?) it say '' Invalid Bundle Adjustment ''
11 REPLIES 11

cybereality
Grand Champion
It may be a hardware issue. Can you please submit a support ticket? https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Dropsdawn
Explorer

It may be a hardware issue. Can you please submit a support ticket? https://support.oculus.com/

Yes, I already did it.
I just receive now my message from the support, this is their answer : 

----------

First If you haven't please go ahead and reseat all the cable connections, including to the headset itself. You can find the steps on removing the cable safely from the headset by clicking here

Afterwards if you still receive this error, please also run the Oculus drivers file:

1. Ensure the Oculus application is closed
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
  3. Enter and run C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  4. Open and run oculus-driver
  5. Restart the computer afterwards.

If neither of the above steps resolve this issue please gather your Oculus Log files for us by doing the following:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select ‘Get All Logs’.
  4. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  5. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  6. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.
----------

I complete all Step 4 times to be sure.. Nothing seem to fix the problem
I send my Zip file with my logs and I wait the next step...

drainey0
Explorer
whatever happen out of this?

Dropsdawn
Explorer

drainey0 said:

whatever happen out of this?

Ok, I'm stuck in one stage of the process... here is it :

----------

Thank you for your patience.

I've reviewed your Oculus logs and I'd like to gather some some additional information from you so we can look into applicable solutions.

Here is what I would have you provide:

• A picture of the serial number from the box (starts with 'WMVR' or 'WMPV')
  • Your shipping address
  • Your contact phone number
  • A picture or screenshot of your proof of purchase
  • Your Oculus Account username

If a replacement is deemed necessary to resolve your issue, we will also need you to attach a payment method to your Oculus Account at some point in order for it to be processed.

----------

I am unfortunately not the first owner of this Oculus, but it seem only the purchaser can have support.

i asked how i can fix it, i'm willing to pay for anything, but i think they can do nothing for me.

I suppose the next step, if I was the owner, it's to send it back, but for me I suppose it to buy a new one, because I can't have support..this problem it's a dead end

But I will buy a HTC Vive if I can't fix my Oculus 😉

Dropsdawn
Explorer
I finally got my message, they can't do anything for me.
here the message : 
-----

At this time, Oculus does not offer a repair service. The issue your Rift is experiencing does require us to look into warranty options. The warranty though, is tied to the original purchaser. This is further explained in our Limited Consumer Warranty here.

If at all possible, please have the original purchaser contact us with the proof of purchase an permission to work with you on this. Without that, we are unable to move forward with assisting you.

-----

if you are not the main buyer or your oculus is a gift and you are no longer able to reach the main person who bought in the first place.

the company can't do anything for you, it does not offer repair support.

as in my case I can't go further...

my only option is to buy an oculus again.

This is the worst investment of my life !

I'm going to buy another virtual reality, but it's going to be the HTC Vive 

Netheri
Rising Star
What the hell? Oculus is totally able to see from Headsets serial id where it was sold and by whom, and is the warranty still valid in timely manner!?
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
This is standard business practice though. If you aren't a certified re-seller of a product, you can't sell the product to anyone. Period. (and if you do, no warranties or services of any kind that are given by the original manufacturer do not carry over to the new owner)

Yes, it kind-of stinks that technically they can search the S/N and see if the original warranty is still valid, but since the purchasing contract was made with the original owner (and that owner is NOT legally allowed to supply the manufacturer's warranty with the headset to the new owner since they are NOT a re-seller), Oculus as a company doesn't have to do anything. They don't have control over the condition of the headset when it changes hands from the original owner to the new one, and as such they shouldn't be liable for any hardware issues that arise after it comes into the new owner's hands.

If anything, the not-certified re-seller is the person who you want to ask for your money back, and the person who you should have a problem with. And to note; HTC would have the exact same response as Oculus did to this problem.

Moral of the story is: buy products from certified sellers if you want the warranty to still be valid.
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

Dropsdawn
Explorer

Xsjadia said:

This is standard business practice though. If you aren't a certified re-seller of a product, you can't sell the product to anyone. Period. (and if you do, no warranties or services of any kind that are given by the original manufacturer do not carry over to the new owner)

Yes, it kind-of stinks that technically they can search the S/N and see if the original warranty is still valid, but since the purchasing contract was made with the original owner (and that owner is NOT legally allowed to supply the manufacturer's warranty with the headset to the new owner since they are NOT a re-seller), Oculus as a company doesn't have to do anything. They don't have control over the condition of the headset when it changes hands from the original owner to the new one, and as such they shouldn't be liable for any hardware issues that arise after it comes into the new owner's hands.

If anything, the not-certified re-seller is the person who you want to ask for your money back, and the person who you should have a problem with. And to note; HTC would have the exact same response as Oculus did to this problem.

Moral of the story is: buy products from certified sellers if you want the warranty to still be valid.

Warranty or not ! I just want to fix my oculus, Im ready to pay for it, but they don't offer a repair service for this. Im only stuck with my oculus and I can't do nothing. 
I've seen several problems that look like mine, but I've never seen a way to solve it.
It seems that the only way is to return it. 
I would have liked some hints or just a place that subcontracting.
Maybe HTC would say the same if I bought the Vive, but now I have an Oculus that no longer works, I could buy another Oculus with the chances that have the same problem, but this time under a warranty or I go to the competition.
the choice is easy to make. 

ALTernative_MS
Honored Guest
Have the same issue , since 2016 , can't do anything, headset just random disconnect durign gameplay , and 100% disconnect when i try to pass the calibration. Oculus device is just defective. I tryed many diffirent PC with , also buy another cable - the same issue - head set disconnect. Also there are no any support center worldwide to help my to repair my headset. It's terrible ( That's why HCT Vive much much better!