cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.28 Starting to Roll Out

cybereality
Grand Champion
Over the last few weeks we've been testing some big things, including the first of our social features, improved locomotion options and more expressive Avatars. Today we're starting to roll out Rift SI 1.28, bringing these new features to everyone over the coming days. For more info, be sure to check out the Rift Core 2.0 beta user guide and let us know your thoughts through UserVoice.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • We're starting to roll out social features for Home. You can now invite people to your Home. Up to eight people can hang out in the same Home at a given time, and if you set your Home privacy to friends-only, your friends will be able to come over to your home whenever they'd like. For the initial release, your Home will be locked while you have guests. That means activities like editing your Home or playing with interactive objects are not supported in the current release. That said, we'll add more functionality to multiplayer over the coming months!
    • We’ve upgraded the Oculus Avatars with new custom hair, skin shading, clothing, and eyewear designs. You can customize your avatar from within Home: select the “Avatar Editor” mirror from the “Special Items” category and place anywhere in your Home.
    • Developers who upgrade to the latest Avatar SDK will be able to utilize these new avatars in their apps.
    • We've added experimental support for broadcasting your Oculus Desktop in multiplayer using the new Dash panel embedding feature. There are some technical limitations, which you can read about in the Rift Core 2.0 beta user guide.
    • New movement options are now available in Home. Check out your settings menu for a new “Movement” section where you can set up various options for moving around, including Walk Mode, Smooth Turning, and Snap Turning. While some of the new movement options like Walk Mode and Smooth Turning allow for direct control, they may not be comfortable for everyone.
  • New language support
    • We’ve added support across core software, including Dash, Oculus desktop app and Oculus Home, for the following languages: Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin American), Italian, Norwegian, and Polish.
    • You can change your language in the Oculus desktop app with the “Language Preference” option in the “General” tab on the “Settings” page.
  • Oculus desktop app
    • We’re starting to test personalized app recommendations on your Home Page.
    • We’ve added per-application language pack support for developers. As developers start to use this feature, you’ll see what languages are available for each application and set your specific language pack via the app’s Library detail panel.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
49 REPLIES 49

Digikid1
Consultant
Did you fix the stuttering issue??????????????????

Netheri
Rising Star
Do we get the "admin trick" possibility back? If not, will there be native option to not launch Home(2) on 1.29 or 1.30?
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you keep the previous avatar elements (the hats, the unrealistic textures, ...)?
And I second the previous questions.

(I know, we're never happy, sorry xD).

That said, I can't wait to try out the social features. I'd love to see other people's custom Homes!

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you want to request new features, please use the User Voice link in the OP. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Digikid1
Consultant

If you want to request new features, please use the User Voice link in the OP. Thanks.

OR.....here’s a thought...the devs should stop taking away features that were never complained about.  Not to be rude but it seems like they need to reconsider a few things. I appreciate all they’ve done but they never bother to actually listen to the community.  Sure they added a few gimmicks but then they take away things that never needed to be taken away. All they are doing is pissing customers off. 

kzintzi
Trustee
There's listening to the community, and then there's finishing the development roadmap.. there have been additions to the software that have come from the community, but the community also has opinions on not having Dash at all (which I love), changing the guardian into some sort of permanent thing (which I'd hate), and dropping the Rift in favour of a Vive (hahahahahahha)..

I like to see the end result of an idea, even if it doesn't have the custom thing I want.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Netheri
Rising Star

"UserVoice may use services that collect data remotely by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar technologies. Such technologies can recognize certain types of information on your web browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed them and the IP address of the computer from which you viewed them.

UserVoice Services may be linked to or provided through third party websites. UserVoice is not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices on such third party websites. When linking or accessing such websites, you should carefully review the privacy policy of such third party to determine how it handles information it separately collects from you."

Umm, no thanks.  😄

Why is there a public forum for Oculus customers, if the developing company doesn't take anything from them? There's even section "Support"? Does that mean it's just customer to customer support? I'm starting to feel that Oculus's (or wassisname these days) treshold to manage criticism and converse with the actual customers who use their (flagship) VR product is too much for the company and/or it's developers. For my eye it looks like that any "bad" feedback is needed to be hushed so that there would be as little public criticism on forum as possible forcing us customers to use i.e. uservoice system which sends users data to there and here and etc. so it would be noted? 

And i'm quite sure that MANY "admin trick" wanters and/or native option to not launch Home(2) but still giving hmd's to work with SteamVR apps has left the direct fedback to Oculus devs, so where are those wanted features? Are they even in dev discussion.

Don't get me wrong, i like Rift over Vive, but these days i'm feeling that the use is endless beta testing without a) real customer support b) deafness and blindness to react for our squeaks to give us what we want _really_. 

i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

cybereality
Grand Champion
The forum is mainly there for the community itself to discuss Oculus related topics. If you want official customer support, submitting a ticket would be best. If you want to provide feedback or feature requests, then the UserVoice page is best. This makes sure the message makes it to the right team. Thanks.

Netheri
Rising Star

The forum is mainly there for the community itself to discuss Oculus related topics. If you want official customer support, submitting a ticket would be best. If you want to provide feedback or feature requests, then the UserVoice page is best. This makes sure the message makes it to the right team. Thanks.

Ok, so if i contact support that the "admin trick" isn't working they say that "it shouldn't" and if i request it as feature on UserVoice, "UserVoice may use services that collect data remotely by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar technologies. Such technologies can recognize certain types of information on your web browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed them and the IP address of the computer from which you viewed them.

UserVoice Services may be linked to or provided through third party websites. UserVoice is not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices on such third party websites. When linking or accessing such websites, you should carefully review the privacy policy of such third party to determine how it handles information it separately collects from you."? 

Well, i guess my only option is to whine in the forums without any effect to anything then. 😄