cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off Sensor?

BinksyGames
Honored Guest
Sorry if this has been answered but i cant seem to find anything but is there away to keep the rift running? when using the rift sometimes it moves and i need to readjust the headset but when doing that the screen goes black and sometimes it crashes the game, i do Youtube videos so when it does that it stops all the recordings aswell... no idea why it does that, but its a pain to keep restarting everything, i try and stick tape over the sensor so i can take the headset off or adjust it, just wondering if there is away to actually turn off that senor or keep the rift running while off your head, be good to have an option like the PC has, like the whole sleep mode, be good if the rift had on, so if its off your head longer than say 5 minutes then it shuts off, anyways thanks for any replies
14 REPLIES 14

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are talking about the proximity sensor, then no, it cannot be disabled. If you really need that functionality, you will have to physically block the sensor with something.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BinksyGames
Honored Guest
ah OK thats what ive been doing, just thought i would ask incase there was away, thanks for the reply

troxmo
Honored Guest
I have the same problem. When using the Rift for Development & Testing, it's definitely not helpful if tracking etc. instantly gets disabled as soon as I lift the headset from my head. I'd love to see a feature added which lets us disable this behaviour.

kojack
MVP
MVP
You can now.
Run the debug tool at C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugTool.exe
Then turn on the "Bypass Proximity Sensor Check" option (second from the top).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you need an SDK to use the debit tool? I downloaded version 1.26 and there is only a “Validator” in the tools folder. Help please!

kojack
MVP
MVP
No, it comes with the runtime, not the sdk. Everybody should already have it. Check at the location I gave above.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

HillewaereVastg
Honored Guest
Hi, is there a way to make the setting above permanent? I notice that after rebooting, the "Bypass Proximity Sensor Check" option is set to "off" again. Since we are using the rift to give virtual tours in houses, it needs to stay on even when we put the rift on the side... Thank you

Snuggled
Explorer
Tape or tack is still the answer. Note that keeping the Rift active for hours focused on a static scene risks LCD burn-in, causing a shadow of the static scene over new content.

mechernsee
Honored Guest
can there please be a setting so you can fully use the vr headset without the sensor because my sensor is broken and wont detect my face