cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

holy crap I wish I had this chaps skills

bigmike20vt
Visionary

this has to be one of the most incredible DIY projects i have ever seen.

I would need 2 however one for flight and one for racing (because you dont wanna be faffing around swapping bits out 😉 )

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome, I want one!!! 😄

I'm really hoping that the Yaw VR guys can get the price of the Yaw VR motion simulator down a fair bit more because currently it's out of my price range unfortunately!

LZoltowski
Champion
Woah, ADAM SAVAGE LEVEL ACHIEVED!

Incredible build.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RattyUK
Trustee
That is amazing!  A brilliant idea very well executed.

Will the MkVI be a spherical cage and a racing harness on the seat?  (I hope he's not reading this, I'd hate to be blamed for putting ideas in his head :wink: )
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Wonder if he will make his plans open source ????
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Thats a serious rig!
I have a 3Dof and that puts mine to shame.
WAAAGH!

MowTin
Expert Trustee
He should play IL-2 with this. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Techy111 said:

Wonder if he will make his plans open source ????

i think i read he hopes to encourage people to get interested in building these sorts of things so it would not surprise me once he is done.
it is beyond me however.  i found it enough of a challenge to make my arcade machine, and will be at my limits on my next project, a digital pinball table.

when that guy made is several leagues above anything i would attempt.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd have more than enough trouble just cutting those metal pieces for the base lmfao 😮 😄

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
You can usually buy the metal bars and bring it to a machine shop.
If its just straight cuts they wouldnt charge you that much to cut where you marked.

That would just leave you with the need of a drill press which are not that expensive.
WAAAGH!