cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At installation first all is ok, but then hardware problem with Rift

Anonymous
Not applicable
first sorry for my not perfect english 🙂

I changed my pc and hardware to new (mainboard, cpu.....).
board ga-270x gaming 7, cpu 7700k, ram 32 gb ddr4,gtx1080, win10x64.

When i now install oculus on this then first all is ok, as you see on pic.
I must say i use the Rift over Opentpcast (all worked well on old pc)
And the thing is also, that all usb are connected to usb 3.0, but as you see they are in some cases shown as usb 2.0

So good, when i go on with the installation and try to setup then the touch controllers this happens (i tested also, it seems that it have nothing to do with controllers, happened too without controller installation.

but then suddenly
tpcast then:

What could be the problem here?

Oculus problem, Opentpcast or hardware-problem?

Not really know where to begin.

maybe this can help:

thanks for helping to sovle the issue.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
maybe also useful:

Anonymous
Not applicable

ag6d72bvngvt.jpgfcjwo2xe3263.jpgf3t5ufztm39a.jpgt6kd0i5wrqd0.jpg2tqh88ygeuoa.jpgm3p5gpdp8kc9.jpghmm, one told me that pics can not be watched.

hope this can be watched now.

Thmoas
Rising Star
I can see your pics now.

Have you tried connecting Rift without TPCast? Just install it with one sensor and test a game. Then add another sensor and Touch as if you would've just bought Touch. Then play a game. Then gradually add more sensors if you have more then 2. Then if everything still works fine, install the TPCast.

Anonymous
Not applicable
good thing, not tried this.
will first try then with 1 sensor and tpcast, and when all not works, without tpcast and with usb and hdmi-cable

Thmoas
Rising Star
No, first you install it and use it in a supported and intended way: no extensions, no tpcast. Only Oculus hardware. Then build up from there. Don't start with all sensors but maybe 1 or 2. Do the TPCast last.

If it doenst work without anything and just the Rift: Rift is broken, make a support ticket.
If it stops working when adding sensors: USB overload issue
If it stops working when adding the TPCast: Troubleshoot your TPCast

Just ... do some elimination?

LZoltowski
Champion

Thmoas said:

No, first you install it and use it in a supported and intended way: no extensions, no tpcast. Only Oculus hardware. Then build up from there. Don't start with all sensors but maybe 1 or 2. Do the TPCast last.

If it doenst work without anything and just the Rift: Rift is broken, make a support ticket.
If it stops working when adding sensors: USB overload issue
If it stops working when adding the TPCast: Troubleshoot your TPCast

Just ... do some elimination?

That is excellent advice.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
did following, i unplugged all with tpcast/opentpcast, plugged hdmi/usb cable from oculus, let all 3 sensor cables in usb ports, and installing was succesful.

so it must be somehting then with opentpcast/virtualhere. as it seems.

Anonymous
Not applicable
but after installing on normal way, wondering. tpcast is working too then.

crazy......