cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Power On

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I hold the power button and select power off, then when I try to power it on I get a battery indicator and it goes back off.

Eventually it does start up, not sure if it is a ridiculously long delay or just my repeated attempts that wake it.

Am I not doing it right, is there a special process? 

Seems bizarre.
14 REPLIES 14

desiv
Expert Protege

cluttered said:

I know how to turn it off, if you hold the power button it also prompts you in device to power off or reboot (it also states that you can use the volume button to select buttons if the controller isn't working - that has never worked for me).

What he was saying is that there is another way to turn it truly off.
If you hold the button down, yes, that message comes up.  But if you keep holding it down several more seconds, it will power off without selecting any of those options.  Hence his 30 seconds.  It's not that long, but it's good to be safe.  And that off is truly off.
Then, when it is truly off, a 5 second press should start the ON process.
If it doesn't, you should open a support ticket.  Perhaps your button isn't working properly.

LZoltowski
Champion

desiv said:

cluttered said:

I know how to turn it off, if you hold the power button it also prompts you in device to power off or reboot (it also states that you can use the volume button to select buttons if the controller isn't working - that has never worked for me).

What he was saying is that there is another way to turn it truly off.
If you hold the button down, yes, that message comes up.  But if you keep holding it down several more seconds, it will power off without selecting any of those options.  Hence his 30 seconds.  It's not that long, but it's good to be safe.  And that off is truly off.
Then, when it is truly off, a 5 second press should start the ON process.
If it doesn't, you should open a support ticket.  Perhaps your button isn't working properly.

Yes, this method requires no interaction with the UI, it's a cold shutdown. Perform it while not having the HMD on your head as I stated. If you are still having issues then please open a support ticket here:
https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, sounded like he was telling me I am an idiot and can't manage simple tasks, despite the problem being that it is actually TURNED OFF and the problem is TURNING IT ON. 

He didn't say 30 seconds I did.

He is telling me that by holding down the power button then after 5 seconds the device powers up. I am pointing out again, that as I stated, that doesn't happen on my unit. Sorry if that is inconvenient but there we are.

This obviously isn't of any use so let's close this topic.

I'll go back to banging stones together and hoping the television changes channels.

desiv
Expert Protege

cluttered said:
Yep, I meant 15 seconds.. Sorry..

LZoltowski
Champion

cluttered said:

Okay, sounded like he was telling me I am an idiot and can't manage simple tasks, despite the problem being that it is actually TURNED OFF and the problem is TURNING IT ON. 

He is telling me that by holding down the power button then after 5 seconds the device powers up. I am pointing out again, that as I stated, that doesn't happen on my unit. Sorry if that is inconvenient but there we are.

This obviously isn't of any use so let's close this topic.

I'll go back to banging stones together and hoping the television changes channels.

Hey, I did not intend to insult your intelligence. Was merely telling you how I do it.

I have recorded a video of the whole thing so that maybe you can compare to how your GO behaves. Actually, after measuring the timings with a time code, it's a lot shorter than I thought!! and the Light is white, not orange 😕

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPT_rRrpOTQ&feature=youtu.be

If yours doesn't behave like this, please submit a support ticket.
https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hope this is of some help. cheers.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂