cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Month Old Oculus Rift CV1 With Black Dots EVERYWHERE In The Left Eye. Never Dropped.

JoshFiricano
Protege
I treat this thing like my baby. It has never been dropped and never been exposed to sunlight. I just submitted a ticket and am based in the US. Am I going to have to buy a new unit? This has absolutely ruined my long weekend that I took to play Elite Dangerous with my new HOTAS that just arrived today. Great timing....

Is my unit still under warranty? I bought it in December of last year. I absoluitely cannot afford to pay for another one. I really could use some advice. I can't play half of my games now. I just want to cry. After a long day at work I just wanted to come home and relax, but now my heart is beating out of my chest and I'm so dissapointed that a $400 device would fail in 7 months.

I could really use some advice here. I'm terrified that I'm going to have to buy a new one. 

Here is a picture I took with my cell phone looking through the left lense.

77n0ezzulhcd.jpg
17 REPLIES 17

LZoltowski
Champion
If it's been only 7 months then your device is still under warranty, please work with support as they will be able to investigate the issue and if there is a fault, offer you a replacement.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

JoshFiricano
Protege

If it's been only 7 months then your device is still under warranty, please work with support as they will be able to investigate the issue and if there is a fault, offer you a replacement.

Thank you for letting me know it's under warranty. That takes a lot of the burden off. So they say to send everything back. Does that also include the touch controllers, sensors, and sensor stands? Like EVERYTHING that originally came with the unit? Thank you for your response.

LZoltowski
Champion
Yeah, I would send that photo to support too, definitely a fault, it curiously looks like sand!, I am sure they will be able to sort you out.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

Thank you for letting me know it's under warranty. That takes a lot of the burden off. So they say to send everything back. Does that also include the touch controllers, sensors, and sensor stands? Like EVERYTHING that originally came with the unit? Thank you for your response.

Usually, the process for RMA varies, but often it's just the HMD and the cable, they will issue you with a return label and you post it to them.

Be kind to one another 🙂

JoshFiricano
Protege

Yeah, I would send that photo to support too, definitely a fault, it curiously looks like sand!, I am sure they will be able to sort you out.

Is there a way to edit my support ticket to include the picture?

LZoltowski
Champion

Is there a way to edit my support ticket to include the picture?

No, but I am sure they will ask for them, so take a few and wait for their response, then supply them with the images etc.

Make sure you have your Rift serial number and serial number on the box ready if you still have it.

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
It appears you purchased within the past year, so you should still be eligible for warranty replacement. We will need to do some basic troubleshooting first, but I would expect this to be a case where we would send replacement. Please follow up on the ticket so we can proceed. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

JoshFiricano
Protege

It appears you purchased within the past year, so you should still be eligible for warranty replacement. We will need to do some basic troubleshooting first, but I would expect this to be a case where we would send replacement. Please follow up on the ticket so we can proceed. Thanks.

Thank you for the quick response. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps that were suggested in the ticket, but they did not help. I'd like to get this sent out ASAP. Thank you for your quick support. It is MUCH appreciated.

cybereality
Grand Champion
We have to try some steps first, before we can get to authorizing a replacement, so please be sure to reply to all the questions we ask and then we can move forward with the next steps. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?