cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems while trying to finish the requied setup (Sensors and Oculus App)

makahell666
Honored Guest

My Girlfriend got her Oculus Rift today and we were trying to
setup her VR Headset.

1. The first problem started while installing the Oculus App,
which we downloaded those 4.75GB and the installation fails after waiting 20 to
25 min to finish. The error was just "Restart Computer". after that
trying for the 4th time I executed with administrator and disabled Firewall and
it finally worked.

2. After that we got stuck for setting the USB ports for the
sensors, the headset, HDMI and 1 sensor was fine but it wasn't finding my 2nd
sensor which we tried both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, and after many tries we
randomly "fixed".

3. The after setting my height we are trapped in a screen of squeezing one
Touch to recognize the sensors, however, t didn't work, after hold for 1.5sec
or 2 secs a little circle with a green border start filling up and it goes to
another error. saying that "Request Timed out" which says something
went wrong and try again endlessly.

Ps: we restarted our computer several times

Pss: we uninstalled and installed many times too

Psss: We tried to manually update oculus app using the patch that is in oculus
website.

Pssss: We updated all drivers, including network and USBs

Psssss: If we skip the sensor setting it says it can't track my headset and in
VRmode, my hands appear far away from me.

Specs: I5 3330 3.0GHz

Gtx 1050 2gb

16Gb ram DDR3 1866MHZ

Board Gigabyte Z77M D3H LGA 1155

79y3pcc8mm6b.pngys9m91y49283.png6ai205rmssec.png

All these problems happened according with what I listed before.

Thanks for your attention

7 REPLIES 7

LZoltowski
Champion
Heya welcome to the forums.

Installing as Admin could have broken some permissions.

You could try 2 things, first run a repair ..

Before you begin, make sure
Turn off any antivirus you have (Or windows defender, and make sure you disable protected folders in there too)
Turn off any third party apps you may have, such as MIS afterburner, SSD utility or any peripheral tools

Run setup again ... this should say that Oculus is already installed and if you would like to repair, choose the repair option.

If that doesn't help ...

Uninstall Oculus software, 
Make sure there are no oculus folders in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\

Then, before you begin, make sure
Turn off any antivirus you have (Or windows defender, and make sure you disable protected folders in there too)
Turn off any third party apps you may have, such as MIS afterburner, SSD utility or any peripheral tools

Run setup again.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

makahell666
Honored Guest
Still not working, after disabling firewall and antivirus, Im still stuck in this screen

LZoltowski
Champion

Still not working, after disabling firewall and antivirus, Im still stuck in this screen

What did you do, repair the installation or reinstall from scratch?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

makahell666
Honored Guest

I did both, once I had the option to repair, I got stuck in the same place. and then I tried to uninstall everything, even deleting the cache, and redownload but nothing worked 😕

makahell666
Honored Guest

I did both, once I had the option to repair, I got stuck in the same place. and then I tried to uninstall everything, even deleting the cache, and redownload but nothing worked 😕

LZoltowski
Champion

Hmm, stupid question, but did you try different batteries in the touch controllers?

Be kind to one another 🙂

RattyUK
Trustee
^^ What LZ said + what could seem a bit silly...  I sometimes get the time-out message if I am not holding the controller at roughly eye level and am obscuring the view of the controller from the sensors (usually body blocking the 3rd one in my setup, but even an arm in 2 sensor if holding the controller with a bent arm) so try the setup once more holding at eye level with a straight out arm.

Not promising it will succeed, but it is an issue that is less obvious when you first run into it 🙂

Hope you get it working properly - and welcome!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3