cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium keeps crashing fatal error

Xvader364
Honored Guest
Ive been trying to get medium to work for two weeks now looking at every fourm post and ive tried all of it. I dont have overclocking software, I deleted the asset file and I tried rerouting it and i have updated drivers for moniter and gpu driver nothing is working. So if anyone can help me thank you it would be appreciated.                   
26 REPLIES 26

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Hmmm. Could all of you check if you're on the latest Oculus software runtime as well?

If it turns out you are, possible you could send me your Medium logs from the following directory?  Users\{username}\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\log and attach Oculus_Medium.log?

Thanks guys

Xvader364
Honored Guest
it will not let me send you that file so i will leave a google drive link    thank you for your fast responses aswell                   https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ex0nvSZKdz_9cWuuFIGoLLPcf2Z13WpU

JamesIV4
Explorer
@jessicazeta thank you for looking at this! I spoke with Naomi earlier and she mentioned that my 780 was below the minimum spec, so in my case they only offered to keep me on the old build. If it is my card though, I am not sure why others are having the same issue with a 980 and a Titan Z.

I'm attaching my log file here (I had to zip it to get it to attach).

Thanks again. 

Edit: I forgot to mention, I am using the latest beta build of Oculus Home 2.0. I have tried using the old Home and doing a clean reinstall of my graphics drivers, but it didn't make a difference.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are my log files for the 980ti: 

thinkingerror
Explorer
Is there a fix for this yet? I've tried the solutions and they fail. Many hours lost chasing my tail. 

thinkingerror
Explorer
lnivr3ilq1wb.png

thinkingerror
Explorer
@jessicazeta any ideas? I'm having the same crash report and have tried many (and other) of the above mentioned solutions. I believe my system should support the update. Hoping to get medium running again.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for all your logs guys. We'll take a look, talk soon.

malekula999
Honored Guest
same trouble (((( 

malekula999
Honored Guest
this my log