cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Height

greener29
Honored Guest
Hi all,

So I am running a 2-sensor roomscale setup for my Oculus that I got a few days ago, and the first few days went great in terms of sensing and playing in general (minus the obvious floating hand here and there). I have read about the perks of mounting a camera higher then keeping one lower to maximize tracking, so I have put one of my sensors up high. It was great for about an hour until I noticed I was about a foot above the ground. I have spent the last 3 hours trying different techniques to lower myself to ground level, including changing my height, changing my stance, moving the sensors around, etc. I can't seem to get anything to work

Any and all help would be appreciated because my Oculus is virtually unplayable currently.

Thanks all!
9 REPLIES 9

SwirlyMaple
Expert Protege
If you're opted into the beta program, and it recently installed v1.28, you might be having the same issue as others: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8u5ghr/oculus_beta_128_is_bricking_rifts_come_out_of_the/

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the same issue made mad my avatar hight wrong i had to put my headset in high places to put my right hight and some time wont let me resenter all the time plaese fix the issue

greener29
Honored Guest

If you're opted into the beta program, and it recently installed v1.28, you might be having the same issue as others: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8u5ghr/oculus_beta_128_is_bricking_rifts_come_out_of_the/

Thanks for the tip dude! I tried turning off the Beta and trying again, but same issue. Do you think I just need to wait for a patch?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Did you run through the sensor setup again?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

greener29
Honored Guest

Did you run through the sensor setup again?

Haha I appreciate the suggestion, but yes I actually have the sensor setup, full setup, guardian setup, and floor setup memorized now after the amount of times I have been through it. I have been following the above Reddit thread quite closely and it appears to be a common problem since the patch. I have also submitted a support ticket.

teastone
Explorer
I am having the same problem , with or without beta interface . 1,2 or 3 sensors .  ,everything was working fine a week ago when I last used the rift .

Anonymous
Not applicable
I uninstalled the oculus client and it was fixed, but not in beta. I also have a problem of orientation, everything is looking a little to the right. Remove the rear sensor and repair it, I do not know what it is.

Y0NKEYD0NG
Sightseer
Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm having what sounds like the exact same problem. I have mine set to not be in the beta and not use the test version so I'm using update 1.27 but it still won't orient me to the floor. It puts me up above the floor.

WendellHuang
Honored Guest

I am having the same problem , with or without beta interface . 1,2 or 3 sensors .  ,everything was working fine a week ago when I last used the rift .

Same problem here. My guardian area also shift several feet away; and in the virtual world, the location of all trackers are wrong- looks like the scene have been rotated 90 degrees around the Z axis.