cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import multiple stamps at once

MechNuggets
Protege
Is there a way to import multiple stamps at once? In the previous version, you could drop all your meshes in the _import folder and they would import all at the same time. But since the 2.0 update I have to manually import each one to a collection. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Sterling77
Rising Star
I think maybe because 2.0 can hold vertex colour data in the Stamp - maybe they chose the one by one approach. It would be nice to mass import though. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

Anonymous
Not applicable
Really.  This is not going to be fun.  I set up a dual boot windows 10
system, just for oculus usage.  The idea of moving a few hundred stamps
one by one is not appealing.

Sterling77
Rising Star

Really.  This is not going to be fun.  I set up a dual boot windows 10
system, just for oculus usage.  The idea of moving a few hundred stamps
one by one is not appealing.

You can copy them all to a library location - but the downside is in medium you have to import one at a time 😞 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ya, I figured as much. 

An external utility that could preview stamps and sculpts, to move them around quickly would be so sweet.  While an external utility like this is probably outside the scope of the project, it's something that would be so much more efficient without all the VR overhead.  Would be awesome to really organize stamp libraries and move early stage sculpts to slower drives, that sort of thing. 

An in-system checkbox style system for bulk moves would be the next best thing, as long as it would keep running when you take the headset off.

MechNuggets
Protege

Ya, I figured as much. 

An external utility that could preview stamps and sculpts, to move them around quickly would be so sweet.  While an external utility like this is probably outside the scope of the project, it's something that would be so much more efficient without all the VR overhead.  Would be awesome to really organize stamp libraries and move early stage sculpts to slower drives, that sort of thing. 

An in-system checkbox style system for bulk moves would be the next best thing, as long as it would keep running when you take the headset off.

Yeah absolutely
I just wish you could "shift" select them just the way you can select multiple layers at once.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Hello! We know this is a sore point in your workflows, and we hope to address this soon. Send through your ideas!

(@DreamShaper  looking at you!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! We know this is a sore point in your workflows, and we hope to address this soon. Send through your ideas!

(@DreamShaper  looking at you!)

@jessicazeta
(edited to something more comprehensible)

For an external interface, that used thumbnails and allowed movement similar to the way you move windows picture files +/or folders would be perfect.   Important thing is to know what you're moving, and be able to see all the previews at once.

To do this internally,

I envision using the existing menus and having a select mode, or a button that could be used for this purpose.  Basically point at the preview icon and click the grip button (for example).  When clicked, the image library would indicate this by putting a colored border around the preview.  This border would remain until deselected or the move operation was initiated, as in, persistent even if a file was opened and examined or medium was closed, for example.

On the side would be a move all button, and would work the same way as files are currently moved, except it would handle all the bordered images (or stamps), in that folder, instead of a single file.  Transferred files would probably keep their current names for simplicity.   Ideally a "create folder" option is also available.

The operation, especially if done internally, would probably take quite a while, particularly if a large number of files is being moved, so it should continue even if the user removes the headset.   A notification in device (and ideally on the desktop) could alert the user the operation is complete.

Anyhow, that's how I see a bulk move tool working, in terms of UI.  Basically the same process would be useful for stamps and sculpts, and make folder organization considerably easier.

spiraloid
Protege
in the import stamp file browser.  pull both touch controllers at once to multi-select .obj files to import.  

allanmrtn
Honored Guest

spiraloid said:

in the import stamp file browser.  pull both touch controllers at once to multi-select .obj files to import.  

i can get that to work man, is it still a thing?