cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair my new Oculus Go with my Iphone X

longshot1984
Honored Guest
Hi everybody!. I was so happy setting up for the first time my new Go, but I can't pair them!. My iPhone X (and iPad too) say they can't find the visor!... I even had reset the Go, and still the same... any help?... pretty please?....

10 REPLIES 10

LZoltowski
Champion

Hi everybody!. I was so happy setting up for the first time my new Go, but I can't pair them!. My iPhone X (and iPad too) say they can't find the visor!... I even had reset the Go, and still the same... any help?... pretty please?....

That's odd, it paired for me perfectly the first time,

• First power off your headset by holding down the power button for 15 seconds,
  • Make sure Bluetooth is ON on your iPhone X and you are joined to a wifi network (to be safe)
  • In IOS settings go to Settings > Oculus .. make sure Background App refresh is on
  • Plug in the power cable to the Headset, make sure the power cable is plugged into the charger
  • If it doesn't turn on, turn it on, it should flash blue a few times
  • Give it a moment to boot up
  • Open up the Oculus Go app and move your headset (while plugged in) close to the phone
  • Follow instructions on the app

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

longshot1984
Honored Guest
Thanks, LZoltowski, I tried again (several times) following your instructions... but to no avail...
Thank you anyway!
Anyone else?

cybereality
Grand Champion
iPhone X should work. Do you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone? Otherwise, please submit a support ticket. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

bjuuurn
Honored Guest
Hi,

Having the same issue. First tried with iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 7, not pairing, and thought this was a good excuse to get the iPhone X. Got it today and tried to pair, but still no.

I have also tried with iPad air and a few android phones. All devices tested so far finds the headset with the correct serial number but they refuse to pair.

Contacted support but not getting much help from there yet. Very sad if I have to return it, seems like a really cool device otherwise. 

brandonyuen
Explorer
I'm in the same boat. Waiting for support to come back with more suggestions for troubleshooting. 
In the meantime, you can try holding down the Vol+ and Vol- buttons. That will let you connect to WiFi and go to the main menu so you can, at least, watch 360 VR videos on YouTube. 🙂

bradpeebler
Honored Guest
I have the same issue, and YES I have filed a support ticket. Meanwhile I also manually connected to our wifi and updated the Go. I was able to use YT to watch a video so I know the WIFI connection is solid. In settings it also indicates a strong signal. However, when I try to open the Store it tells me I am not connected to WIF. This is a dumpster fire...

Surely there is a reasonable resolution to these issues?

B

ClassicGOD
Protege
I had no issues with iPhone X but current builds of iOS have some issues with BT. Try turning your BT off and on again and/or rebooting the phone.
The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

jinzhong_wang_1
Honored Guest
我也有同样的问题。我试过不同的手机。但仍然无法通过蓝牙连接。更糟糕的是,我无法打开我的画廊。“连接错误此功能现在无法正常工作请检查您的互联网连接或稍后再试。

cybereality
Grand Champion
Hi, @"jinzhong.wang.12". Oculus Go needs to connect to Oculus services, which are hosted on Facebook servers. So you do need to use an internet connection that can access Facebook. Alternatively, you can look at the Xiaomi Mi VR headset, which should be available for the Chinese market. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?