cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus go keeps shutting off while watching Netflix

warren2680
Honored Guest
So I just got my go and was using it to watch Netflix while laying in bed last night. It kept shutting off after about 8-10 minutes and I would have to hit the power button and restart the show I was watching. I tried things like moving my head or the controller to keep it awake, but to no avail. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I couldn't find any settings that seemed to relate to a sleep timer or anything. 
28 REPLIES 28

aman_dhingra
Explorer
Even i am also facing similar issue where my oculus go is randomly freezing and thn it restarts. Sometimes it is freezing and restarting randomly while using some specific apps such as netflix, oculus venue and few games, and sometime it freeze and restart while i am on oculus home screen browsing apps. My headset if fully charged, there is no heating issue, it is updated to latest firmware and  mobile app and i tried resting my oculus go and even after reseting problem is still the same. I hope its not a hardware issue

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket for assistance. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

aman_dhingra
Explorer

Please submit a support ticket for assistance. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com

Yes i already did. They were not able to figure out the issue. and offering replacement. But since i live in india it is really not possible for me to send this device back. So i am waiting for any software update and hoping it will fix this problem. shame that i not even able to use it now! its restarting again and again. 😞

vanitea
Explorer
Reviving a dead thread to report in that mine headset still does this after factory resets and support doesn't have a fix other than "factory reset". So incredibly frustrating for those of us who primarily use our Go to enjoy media. I've stopped using mine, wish I could return it. 

gwright0501
Honored Guest
I wish I would have seen this thread before buying mine.  I just got it today.  Was enjoying it.  Now it just keeps shutting down.  Created a help ticket and started chatting and emails to and from support.  But no answers and now no chats or emails.  And no answers.  Has anyone had success in resolving this issue?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I've watched a quite few shows and movies with Amazon Prime, no shutdown problems.  Maybe because Prime is streamed through the Go Browser?  Can Netflix be routed through the browser or do you need to use it's app?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Rikk0
Honored Guest
I have the same problem also on Netflix. It shuts down after 10 minutes or so! Is is pretty lame. I think if you move your headset around it prevent it. But being conscious of that really takes away from the experience. Yes I factory reseted it

CrimsonSky3000
Protege

Rikk0 said:

I have the same problem also on Netflix. It shuts down after 10 minutes or so! Is is pretty lame. I think if you move your headset around it prevent it. But being conscious of that really takes away from the experience. Yes I factory reseted it

In the oculus home screen. Select settings --> See all.

Click on the power tab on the left. Then set the auto sleep time to 1 minute.

This may solve it. If it still shuts off then set the auto sleep time to Always On.

Always on will make sure that it won't shut off. If you do take off the headset press the power button to put it into standby and turn off the screen otherwise the screen will stay on and drain battery.

Or just set the auto sleep time back to 15 seconds after your finished netflix,

Hope this helps  🙂

furtin
Protege

Rikk0 said:

In the oculus home screen. Select settings --> See all.

Click on the power tab on the left. Then set the auto sleep time to 1 minute.

This may solve it. If it still shuts off then set the auto sleep time to Always On.

Always on will make sure that it won't shut off. If you do take off the headset press the power button to put it into standby and turn off the screen otherwise the screen will stay on and drain battery.

Or just set the auto sleep time back to 15 seconds after your finished netflix,

Hope this helps  🙂

Thanks for this! I had the same problem!
"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."