cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO sales numbers? (UPDATE)

LZoltowski
Champion
So I have been keeping an eye on Oculus App Android downloads numbers, A week after launch it was at 10,000 now it's at 50,000 plus (this is not counting ios devices, damn you apple) .. I'm not saying that this is indicative of anything but nice to see it growing, esp that it has been out for only 2 and a half weeks and seems to be gaining buzz. (Not to mention increased number of new members on this forum, although I would not have expected huge numbers as Mainstreamers don't tend to hang in forums heh) Will be interesting to see numbers grow when the GO gets released in countries outside of the US (yes it's available at oculus.com) but it is nowhere to be found at other retailers, online or otherwise.

iyot0gycfe19.jpg

EDIT May 31st:

Now at 100,000
zk1m5a6m2fat.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
279 REPLIES 279

Digikid1
Consultant
Shouldn’t this be moved to the Oculus Go section?

cybereality
Grand Champion

Digikid1 said:

Shouldn’t this be moved to the Oculus Go section?

Yes. Moved.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Osoroshii
Explorer
With the official launch in Europe and Asia, what are the sales of the Go now?  

LZoltowski
Champion

Osoroshii said:

Hard to tell at the moment, It's doing very well on Amazon but the google play app download counter moves in ranges, at the moment it's 100,000+ .. but it won't change until 500,000+ is achieved. This is not including ios obviously, for which there are no analytics.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Osoroshii said:

I've checked recently and GO still hasn't fallen in to the next Android category yet (500,000). I imagine that it won't hit something like that until the end of the year.

I also feel like GO's sales may slow a bit between yesterday and today due to the Rift's discount on Amazon Prime. The Rift sold out the first day and if you look at Amazon's rankings, the Rift is up top (not to mention that the Top 5 VR Products are all Oculus products):

hfezauidsbma.jpg

Congratulations
Adventurer
I think it's must be close to 1 million now or maybe higher?
It would be nice to get something special on oculus go for the first million units sold. B)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Ilovethis said:

It would be nice to get something special on oculus go for the first million units sold. B)

If I had to throw a dart on the dartboard and pick a number for "global GO sales." I would probably pick somewhere around half a million. That is including the Asian market version.

LZoltowski
Champion

Zenbane said:

Ilovethis said:

If I had to throw a dart on the dartboard and pick a number for "global GO sales." I would probably pick somewhere around half a million. That is including the Asian market version.

That is mighty impressive for a product that is still considered niche, that has not launched in the majority of the world yet (yes its available via oculus.com in 23 countries but in a large chunk of those not physical shops or online stores)  and has had zero marketing in the consumer channels.

Be kind to one another 🙂

Business bundle has just gone on sale:

Designed for companies looking to deploy large numbers of headsets, each Oculus Go business bundle includes a 64GB headset, an international multi-prong wall charger, two facial interfaces, an extended commercial warranty, and dedicated support—all for just $299 USD each.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-go-business-bundle-now-available/

I look forward to seeing / wearing these at theme parks around the world.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

FunKing
Expert Protege
The Oculus app has passed 500.000+ installs in the Play Store.
(Oops! Now I've seen the new thread about it...)