cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenses always seem dirty now and I don't seem to be able to clean them

Pascal80
Explorer
3 weeks in use now and the lenses always seem dirty to me now. It's like there are smudges I can't clean. I don't see any scratches. What is this? Did the screen get dirty? Is it the lenses? How do I clean? It's really frustrating.
32 REPLIES 32

cybereality
Grand Champion
It may be normal. Oculus Go uses Fresnel lenes, which have concentric circle grooves under the lens. Because of this, you may see slight glare, especially around highly contrasting colors like white text on a black background. Is this maybe what you are seeing? Can you try taking a photo?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I would recommend doing a google search on how to clean lenses properly. You could damage them if you don't know how to clean lenses properly. By damaging them I mean it could make them dull looking..

Pascal80
Explorer
I have used only the black little cloth that came with the Go to clean. Could I have damaged them like that? I clean with circular motions from the centre going out. Could it be moisture or something like that?

Pascal80
Explorer
gatqcpl5osjq.jpg

Pascal80
Explorer
35pdga229c37.jpg

Pascal80
Explorer
Can you tell anything from these pictures? Do you need pictures of content inside the set?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not seeing anything abnormal in those pictures, but it's really hard to tell.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Pascal80
Explorer
Any ideas? Whole experience is ruined, so annoying.

LZoltowski
Champion
Lenses are perfectly fine, when do you seem to see the smudging most? White text on black background?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂