Problems importing reference images — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Problems importing reference images

danilodanilo Posts: 24
Brain Burst
I got some problems trying to import reference images. I pasted the images on: C:\Users\danil\Documents\Medium\Reference Images and Medium doesn't recognize them.  I tested .jpg and .png   Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 359 Oculus Staff
    Hi Danilo. 

You need to either drag them onto the Medium Window or put them in "...\Medium\_import\Reference Images" 
    Then within Medium open the library -> Ref images and click the import button.
    If you put your images into folders within the _import folder it will maintain those folders after import. If you just drag them onto the window it will put them in your "custom" folder.
  • danilodanilo Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Thanks, I did just that and worked
  • Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 2018
    I did it but, I can import my images but impossible to us them and save or export to object for my home !

I would like to make a flag but always error saving when using an image
    otherwise I can save normal sculpts without image imported.

Also impossible to save or export to a new object with correct scale (for home) an imported object
    Error when saving.
    Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
    Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
    Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
    Répétiteur HDMI x1
    Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
    Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

• jessicazetajessicazeta Posts: 212 Oculus Staff
    Hey @Calimero_Oeuf, unfortunately you can't export images with your sculpts, only save them in the .sculpt files only for use in Medium.
  • Cain_BloodbaneCain_Bloodbane Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hey @Calimero_Oeuf, unfortunately you can't export images with your sculpts, only save them in the .sculpt files only for use in Medium.
    If you can only use them inside Medium... then what is the use? Not sure what a sculpt file is, but I do not even seem able to save them to that.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Well, I guess they are just meant to be reference images, in the way that they can be used to model something after?

Anyway, the reason I wanted to do it, was to make posters / photos for Oculus Home. I finally figured out another way of doing that though, without using Oculus Medium
  • jessicazetajessicazeta Posts: 212 Oculus Staff
    Yes, images imported into Medium are only for reference for now. 

For more info on what is possible for importing into Oculus Home: https://support.oculus.com/1702745539746285/#Importing 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yes, I found another way of importing images to Oculus Home so they can be used as posters and such but first converting them to GLB files.