cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenses always seem dirty now and I don't seem to be able to clean them

Pascal80
Explorer
3 weeks in use now and the lenses always seem dirty to me now. It's like there are smudges I can't clean. I don't see any scratches. What is this? Did the screen get dirty? Is it the lenses? How do I clean? It's really frustrating.
32 REPLIES 32

Pascal80
Explorer
When it's mostly bright backgrounds and move my head I can see smudging in places.

Pascal80
Explorer
What's the ideal brightness setting for the Go?

cybereality
Grand Champion
It sounds like you are talking about glare, which is perfectly normal.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TopTex
Explorer
Are you sure that they are not just steaming up a bit when you have the headset on? I noticed blurring a bit and then realised that it was because I was a bit hot and they were getting misted up. A fan blowing at me fixed the problem.

Pascal80
Explorer
it's foggy in places. What can I say? It wasn't like that before.

Pascal80
Explorer
In the worst case scenario that the lenses are scratched what do I do?

cybereality
Grand Champion
The lenses are not removable or replaceable. Can you try to explain the problem better? I'm not even sure there is anything wrong.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Pascal80
Explorer
Well you know how you sometimes put on the headset and you understand immediately lenses are dirty and you take off and wipe with a cloth and put back on and it's ok? Well in this case it's like you can't clean 100%. Best way I can explain it.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe try to find a local Go or Rift user or store and see what they think.  If you are new to VR it is often hard to tell yourself imho.  Just looking at your photos I cannot see anything wrong.  I get the same little half-moon images (that look like a hologram) when looking at them and I think that this is just the Fresnel lens effect.  Also, if you wear glasses (like I do) these can also have small negative effects, esp. if they are old and scratched, lol! 
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TopTex
Explorer
Get someone else to try them and see if they see the same thing. Also you could try take them to an optician and ask them if they can lean them for you as a favour.